Looking for Maglite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecoral

Jun 12, 2004
I am looking for durable and compact maglite for daily usage at work (eg. searching for things in very dark places). Can anyone advise me where and what to get? Pls recommend those that are cheap and good coz no budget :embrass: Thanks

Ok, let's forget about the no budget thing. Can anyone advise me? Thank you.

beach rd army market seem to have the cheapest prices...

sound like the single aaa battery size mini maglite suit your needs. below $15.

Personally i have the double AA sized maglite and 2 double AAA sized maglite.
The double AA sized maglite seem to be the best in term of size, price and power. Not to forget AA Battery size is a convenient size.

I would recommend a Pelican Mitylite Plus 2AA instead of a Mag if you don't need focusibility. It's brighter, lighter and water proof to a deeper depth than the minimag.

Hope you don't mind me asking. What happened?

1 model with plastic clip... plastic snapped. regular use only.. damn dissapointed.

If you drop a plastic torch, the plastic body will absorb some of the impact, if you drop a metal torch, it'll dent, and transfer a lot of energy to the filament, which may in turn break.

This one is a good choice too. Rated for hazardous environment, shorter too.

body expensive, replacement bulb is cheap. I rather the bulb blow than the body get damage.

and so far none of my mag ever fail after dropping. I use them in very rugged condition.

I'm stumped too... i'd rather get a Pelican/ Surefire/ Princeton Tec over a Mag... Mags are one of the worst around :S High energy consumtion, not pre-focused (it's a big thing to me :p), heavy, dents, not as powerful as they claim to be.

Filament bulbs are liable to fail when dropped... Just get a UK eLED 4AA with 10 hours of regulated run time... lol!

go beach road army market buy lor. AA type is like abt $20 + if i not wrong.
even carrefour also got sell
filament are like abt $2 if i never forget.

Maglite are available in many places , u can even find them in most of the DIY shops.

Nerd said:
Filament bulbs are liable to fail when dropped... Just get a UK eLED 4AA with 10 hours of regulated run time... lol!

agree with Nerd, this light was Reviewed Here. Long runtime and realiable ;)

interesting, may consider after my maglite break down or get lost... difficult to happen... haha

but i am interested in the new light using led.

hehe, i've used to think the maglite is great, powerful... but ever since i've discovered Surefire and others, bye bye Maglite :) Lucky only bought a Maglite Solitaire (AAA) :D

Nerd said:
If you drop a plastic torch, the plastic body will absorb some of the impact, if you drop a metal torch, it'll dent, and transfer a lot of energy to the filament, which may in turn break.

This one is a good choice too. Rated for hazardous environment, shorter too.

Looks good! Where can I get them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.