Looking for a powerful torchlight


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2003
81
0
0
83
Singapore
Visit site
#1
I need a powerful portable torchlight that uses normal alkaline batteries. The bulb should be bright enough to cast a focused beam of light over a distance of 20-30 metres. I need this to take some damning photos of my friend's straying husband who is fooling around with a slut in his flat. What kind of torch light provides such strong illumination?

Thanks.

Admin: words edited due to inappropriate use
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#2
Uh.. buy a MagLight, preferably the ones that uses 4-D cells. Good light, plus you can use it as a weapon (metal body) should he decide to come after you -you better consider your personal safety before you do something like that, as you never know a man's reaction to getting caught with his pants down (pardon the pun), especially on film...
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#3
Elizabeth Tan said:
I need a powerful portable torchlight that uses normal alkaline batteries. The bulb should be bright enough to cast a focused beam of light over a distance of 20-30 metres. I need this to take some damning photos of my friend's straying husband who is fu cking around with a slut in his flat. What kind of torch light provides such strong illumination?

Thanks.
by using a torch, isn't u telling him that you are watching him? esp with a beam & such... the best solution is to get a sony camera, with teleconvertor, macro lense, den use IR mode, with IR lamp... ultimate voyeur... he dun even know that you are watching him.
 

rueyloon

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,680
0
36
www.rueyloon.com
#4
I think you better get a PI to do it, evidence collect by you cannot be used to prove infidelity and not amissible in court. If you need the cards to be on your friend's side in the case does goes to court, advice her to get a PI.

and the flash light is just a big giveaway
 

Nerd

New Member
Oct 25, 2002
807
0
0
33
Singapore - Jurong West
Visit site
#5
Get any cheapo 2D torchlight with a nice big head with a nice big reflector, preferbly smooth reflector, not those with texturing. Get a mag 5 cell bulb. Get 2 battery holders over here (They only come in on August 30th though it's pre-order). Put all the 6 alkaline batteries into the 2 holders. You'll be overdriving the 5 cell bulb a bit, but since alkaline batteries are weak, it won't be a problem.

The end product should be a nice bright torch in a small compact size.
 

maddog

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
0
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
#6
Elizabeth Tan said:
I need a powerful portable torchlight that uses normal alkaline batteries. The bulb should be bright enough to cast a focused beam of light over a distance of 20-30 metres. I need this to take some damning photos of my friend's straying husband who is fu cking around with a slut in his flat. What kind of torch light provides such strong illumination?

Thanks.
very smart using a torchlight to catch a cheating guy. :bsmilie: please post your pics in clubsnap. and good luck.
 

Barrios

Senior Member
May 19, 2002
715
0
16
57
Visit site
#7
rueyloon said:
I think you better get a PI to do it, evidence collect by you cannot be used to prove infidelity and not amissible in court. If you need the cards to be on your friend's side in the case does goes to court, advice her to get a PI.

and the flash light is just a big giveaway
Evidence in the form of negative film is still admissible in court but not digital images. :nono:
 

May 1, 2003
81
0
0
83
Singapore
Visit site
#8
i will position the camera and torchlight at the window. When the targets are in the heat of copulation, i just on the light, they will be too suprised to react and i will just click away.

Though the photos may not be usable in courts, at least there is something that can be used to persuade him to accept the terms of divorce.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
by using a torch, isn't u telling him that you are watching him? esp with a beam & such... the best solution is to get a sony camera, with teleconvertor, macro lense, den use IR mode, with IR lamp... ultimate voyeur... he dun even know that you are watching him.
 

maddog

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
0
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
#9
Barrios said:
Evidence in the form of negative film is still admissable in court but not digital images. :nono:
are u a lawyer? just curious. what about digital video? a lot of 'video' cameras nowadays are digital.
 

May 1, 2003
81
0
0
83
Singapore
Visit site
#10
where to buy a Maglight ? Is it available in Peninsular?

Gymrat76 said:
Uh.. buy a MagLight, preferably the ones that uses 4-D cells. Good light, plus you can use it as a weapon (metal body) should he decide to come after you -you better consider your personal safety before you do something like that, as you never know a man's reaction to getting caught with his pants down (pardon the pun), especially on film...
 

Barrios

Senior Member
May 19, 2002
715
0
16
57
Visit site
#11
maddog said:
are u a lawyer? just curious. what about digital video? a lot of 'video' cameras nowadays are digital.
The problem is digital recordings can be doctored easily.....that's why the Police are still using negative films widely for court admission. The photographs have to be submitted with the negatives.
 

maddog

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
0
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
#12
Elizabeth Tan said:
i will position the camera and torchlight at the window. When the targets are in the heat of copulation, i just on the light, they will be too suprised to react and i will just click away.

Though the photos may not be usable in courts, at least there is something that can be used to persuade him to accept the terms of divorce.
what camera are you using. just some advice. use tripod, focus manually, set to continuous shooting mode, place finger on shutter, switch on torch, and fire away.. :devil:
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#14
Elizabeth Tan said:
i will position the camera and torchlight at the window. When the targets are in the heat of copulation, i just on the light, they will be too suprised to react and i will just click away.

Though the photos may not be usable in courts, at least there is something that can be used to persuade him to accept the terms of divorce.
You have no idea how the husband can use this to turn this around in court do you? And thats excluding the fact that there are just too many variables to have this work like you intended.

and though your intentions are good, it will not help. If you really want to help, i suggest you try another method.
 

May 1, 2003
81
0
0
83
Singapore
Visit site
#17
i am using a eos 30 with a 50-500 sigma lens, prefocus on a tripod with 1600 film on cable release. I think this setup would suffice.

maddog said:
what camera are you using. just some advice. use tripod, focus manually, set to continuous shooting mode, place finger on shutter, switch on torch, and fire away.. :devil:
 

maddog

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
0
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
#18
Elizabeth Tan said:
i am using a eos 30 with a 50-500 sigma lens, prefocus on a tripod with 1600 film on cable release. I think this setup would suffice.
holy crap. looks like you are serious!! use slide which has more lattitude. i suggest KODAK EPH 135-36 EKTACHROME 1600 (2 stop push required).
 

rueyloon

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,680
0
36
www.rueyloon.com
#19
I've had problems shooting with a 1K flood lamp in the past, I could not get a good enough shutter speed. I think with a tourch you'll just get all blurry images.

If divorce is the reason, better play your cards right and you want to be the one to set the terms, which is y proper evidence is important. You might be damaging your friends case by springing that kind of action will just jeopardize the case.

please reconsider
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom