Looking for a PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
Hi guys,

My dad's looking for a PnS to buy.Mainly, he's looking for the following features:
-price of <$400
-wide angle (at least 28mm)
-decent noise performace @ ISO1600
-uses SD cards
-can fire up to 3 fps
-good ergonomics (i.e- easy to handle & not too small :bsmilie:)
-3'' LCD screen
-uses AA/lithium ion batts

Honestly, i know nuts about PnSes meself so i really need the help of you guys :)
Any help'll be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Trent

P.S- i've already searched previous threads so kindly don't tell me to do it again :sweat:

Hi guys,

My dad's looking for a PnS to buy.Mainly, he's looking for the following features:
-price of <$400
-wide angle (at least 28mm)
-decent noise performace @ ISO1600
-uses SD cards
-can fire up to 3 fps
-good ergonomics (i.e- easy to handle & not too small :bsmilie:)
-3'' LCD screen
-uses AA/lithium ion batts

Honestly, i know nuts about PnSes meself so i really need the help of you guys :)
Any help'll be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Trent

P.S- i've already searched previous threads so kindly don't tell me to do it again :sweat:

Dude,

I think you can strike off "Decent noise performance @ ISO 1600", or lower that number to 400 man.

I have been using sony's T70 as a backup to my dslr and for random shoots. Love it alot, maybe u can consider newer models like sony T100 or get a second hand one. If u can slightly increase your budget, panasonic LX3 is awesome!

You'll be surprised even if you take out ISO1600, there are no models that suit all your other criterias. If you lower your LCD requirements to 2.5", then can continue to talk!

Most PnS nowadays use proprietary batteries. Using AA are mostly entry/lower models, so you can't get a decent ones (WA somemore) and comes with a 3" screen.

Maybe you can recommend him the Lumix FX series?

Status
Not open for further replies.