Looking for a <$260 external flash that is good! any recommendations?

shutterjuniorbug

Dec 22, 2011
Hi guys! I'm planning to get an external flash for my Nikon D3100 and i was scouting around for flashes that are economically priced. I was recommended the Nissin Mark II Di 622 flash and i heard about the Yongnuo (any particular model to recommend?). I'll get a first hand flash, so is there any particular flash model/brand will you guys recommend and why? Thanks so much in advance!!

Hi guys! I'm planning to get an external flash for my Nikon D3100 and i was scouting around for flashes that are economically priced. I was recommended the Nissin Mark II Di 622 flash and i heard about the Yongnuo (any particular model to recommend?). I'll get a first hand flash, so is there any particular flash model/brand will you guys recommend and why? Thanks so much in advance!!

Yongnuo YN565EX... cost around S$200++ (got one from artworkfoto). Love that flash, very good quality and powerful flash.

one of my friends got the nissin 622, but he's starting to feel that the recycle time for 622 is beginning to slow down.
he constantly finds himself needing to ask the subjects to wait while the flash recycles.

i got my yongnuo 565ex (canon mount) from sgcamerastore during their cny sale. it was going for $188.
would definitely recommend this flash as it's pretty comparable to 580ex ii, just minus some features.
you can use d-ttl, manual or even as a wireless slave unit.

the nikon mount was jus released, so probably you can consider?