Lookin for a pair of speakers

stanycjw

Dec 25, 2008
Singapore
Hi,

I have a friend giving me a NAD amplifier 40Watts RMS (Not PMPO) so looking for a set of speaker for it,
anyone of you selling your used but excellent sound quality speakers.

I have used Mission, Tannoy etc before in my younger days but sound not good.
Sometime when I pass those old record selling shop, their sound system is great but if you take a closer look at their amp, it a normal NAD, Onkyo of just Snasui and the speaker not fancy BUT iy produced good clear BASS, Clear Treble etc..... so this is the type of speaker I am looking for.

I knew that 40W RMS may not be powerful as 150W RMS but retirees and poor man need some music to live on.

Please help and appreciated.
Peter.
Mobile: 81279182

Hi,

I have a friend giving me a NAD amplifier 40Watts RMS (Not PMPO) so looking for a set of speaker for it,
anyone of you selling your used but excellent sound quality speakers.

I have used Mission, Tannoy etc before in my younger days but sound not good.
Sometime when I pass those old record selling shop, their sound system is great but if you take a closer look at their amp, it a normal NAD, Onkyo of just Snasui and the speaker not fancy BUT iy produced good clear BASS, Clear Treble etc..... so this is the type of speaker I am looking for.

I knew that 40W RMS may not be powerful as 150W RMS but retirees and poor man need some music to live on.

Please help and appreciated.
Peter.
Mobile: 81279182
Hello Uncle,
speakers is not photographic item or related item. :)

Thread moved.

Hi,

I have used Mission, Tannoy etc before in my younger days but sound not good.....

...speaker not fancy BUT iy produced good clear BASS, Clear Treble etc....

Maybe the problem is your perception of what a good speaker is.
Mission and Tannoy are good brands. British speakers are good.

Those so called clear bass clear treble may be highly coloured speakers that are considered HORRIBLE by hifi enthusiasts.
Maybe you like Karaoke speakers.
If so, see http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopitiam/766259-karaoke-speaker-go.html

If you like good speakers can try B+W (Bowers & Wilkins). UK brand.

Or American brand Klipsch.

American brand Bose is liked by some, hated by some. To me their sound is coloured.

At the IT show 2012 now going on, there is a Dyna Audio display booth. You can see the speakers there.

In the end, buy the speakers you like to listen to. Don't care about what others say what you "should" buy.

Last edited:
More info more help...
budget???
music taste???
i can sell you my B/W 805s for $4000 cheap cheap...

Full size speakers from Dynaudio, Thiel, Paradigm, Revel, Bowers & Wilkins?
What sound are you after? Reference quality, audiophile, or just decent?

Guys, Peter is matching it with a 40W NAD & most likely intergrated. But yes, you should take note on the preference of your music then shop but sounds like you want something "brighter" then look for higher Db rating of about 90 or those that are easy to push.