Longboarding in Singapore

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
anyone ?

Been reading up on it and likely to pick up a 40-43" Rayne or Loaded commuting/carving board

Regular trick boards are totally out for me due to age but longboarding seems suitable for a good workout

Getting into mid life crisis or slipping into 2nd childhood ha ha :bsmilie:

my 2nd daughter wanted a longboard end last year, so visited a shop at Margaret Drive, in the end still end up with a normal skateboard, because it is expensive need a very big space to play, and she also need to the basic skateboard skills too.

maybe I should learn skateboarding as well, so I will not look so uncle. lol

Rollerblading too! It helps you look younger and keeps you in a shape other than "round". ;)

its a other style of Skateboarding

I went to one of their downhill jams and they were saying that Its a New Style Of Skateboarding and they were Skateboarders and later took up long boarding as a sport

Longboarding to my Observation Is about Speed , balance and Control not much on Tricks which skateboarding does

same here!..been reading that its easier to balance on a longboard as they come in diff length..for less than $200, was told can get from turf club..ok what, no need to get fancy2 one for someone who wish to try-out...:bigeyes:

I used to longboard.. Don't anymore coz getting old, pain all over..

I remember there were several types; for cruising, downhill and also the really long ones for u to do tricks on. There's also the high-speed downhill ones which for obvious reasons are not popular in sg..

Used to always go pasir ris park carpark(the last one qt the end) where there's a slope. Got myself a pair of slider gloves, changed my wheels to harder ones, n slid down the hill. Be prepared to get a gazillion abrasions n if ur lucky, some fractures.