*Lonely Tree*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiPiGu

Jan 6, 2009
Hi guys, sharing a pic. C&C welcome

Lone_Tree1.jpg

very nice, what setting you use ah? ;p

maybe more including more surrounding will empathize the loneliness of this tree, do you have a version which the sun right behind the tree?

btw, that's the tree I been trying to shoot for very long time, but always bo eng.

very nice, what setting you use ah? ;p

maybe more including more surrounding will empathize the loneliness of this tree, do you have a version which the sun right behind the tree?

btw, that's the tree I been trying to shoot for very long time, but always bo eng.

Hi, thanks for your comment, appreciate it. I passed by this tree every time I travelled down to Sengkang and it took me
almost 6 mths of procrastination before I finally picked up my butt and went over to take some shots. ;p

I did try to include more surrounding when shooting, but I can't get too wide an angle on the landscape without ruining the
composition because of the thick vegetation around the tree. The lalang growth are up to my chest level and I had to bashed
my way through to get a good view.

The vegetation was really too thick for a tripod to be set up so all my shots were taken handheld. Spot metering, f11, 1/250.

I didn't take any shots with the sun behind the tree cause it's really hard to move around with the thick growth. But I did make
some shots after the sun had set and the clouds suddenly cleared the sky, will post one later.

This is a shot taken after the sun had gone down. Surprisingly, the clouds went away as well.
The birds seem to like this tree alot, it's not so lonely afterall :)

Lone_Tree_II.jpg

This is a shot taken after the sun had gone down. Surprisingly, the clouds went away as well.

Lone_Tree_II.jpg

Nice! I prefer this over the 1st one...cheers!

the second one is nice, but i don't know, something is still lacking.

i would really want a lot a lot more space for this one, if it's possible. :)

Nice! I prefer this over the 1st one...cheers!
Thanks for viewing :)

the second one is nice, but i don't know, something is still lacking.

i would really want a lot a lot more space for this one, if it's possible. :)

Thanks for your comments. I have some shots of the tree further out, but the view feels weird cause the tree will look pretty tiny. Perhaps a landscape shot will help create the space you mentioned.

I agree something is lacking, maybe a moon on the top corner will do the trick :bsmilie: :sweat:

Lone_Tree_II.jpg

for this pic. it seems there's too much empty space on top...but I like the nice colors and clouds...:)

for this pic. it seems there's too much empty space on top...but I like the nice colors and clouds...:)

I guess this is the part where my photo might be lacking. Thanks for your comment :)

tiny.. but if it stands out, it will stand out..

i think it would, but i'm not sure

maybe post and see how? :)

tiny.. but if it stands out, it will stand out..
i think it would, but i'm not sure
maybe post and see how? :)

Hi NM, I went through my HD and realised I don't have that many zoom out shots than I thought I did.

Anyway, below is the furthest shot I have of the tree with a decent looking sky, the rest are just non-lookers because of patches of black clouds passing by. This particular
shot isn't as far as I hope, but the sides do have more spaces compared to the 2nd photo. I didn't bother to 'tidy-up' the black clouds cause that will take some effort ;p

I did crop out sky a little and reduce the 'empty space' above. Not really satisfy with this photo due to the black clouds but just posting it up so we can have a feel of how the
photo will look with the tree slightly further out.

Lone_Tree_III.jpg

Nice :thumbsup:

The clouds provide some "texture" to the empty sky :)

i was checking if its the same tree.. haha.

colors a bit weird in the first. so far i like 3rd one... :)

i think it will be better if u can go wider and probably a landscape pic would be better... just bash into the bushes a bit and plant ur tripod in it... tat's wat i did in the past.

Nice :thumbsup:

The clouds provide some "texture" to the empty sky :)

i was checking if its the same tree.. haha.

colors a bit weird in the first. so far i like 3rd one... :)

i think it will be better if u can go wider and probably a landscape pic would be better... just bash into the bushes a bit and plant ur tripod in it... tat's wat i did in the past.

Hi guys, thanks for your comments. Due to the fast moving clouds, I actually have many versions of the same photo with different looking skies :bsmilie:

Dingzyang, it's a different tree from your link, mine is completely covered with chest high lalang. As mentioned in my earlier post, I can't get too wide
an angle on the shot without spoiling the foreground composition due to the extreme lalang growth. I actually did some cloning to the lalang on the
right to 'cut' them shorter and make them balance better with the left.

I like the second image much more than the first. The clear blue sky work better for me in this composition. I would have preferred lesser of the darken clouds to make the tree stand out but then again .. nature is nature ... we take what's available. Lovely image. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.