Not open for further replies.

bLight

Mar 28, 2004
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Comments please. :)

Lone%20Tree%2002%20sml.jpg

Lone%20Tree%20sml.jpg

1st pic: i'm wondering if the picture will leave a stronger impression if the tree is right smack in the middle? (yeah, break the 'old thirds rule'... someone else just clued me in on that, i'm only passing on the message)

2nd pic: nice moody atmosphere, but probably you can crop the foreground and let more sky into the picture. try using wide angle lens to sort of dwarf the buildings in the background, cos as it is they're stealing attention away from the tree.

tjana said:
1st pic: i'm wondering if the picture will leave a stronger impression if the tree is right smack in the middle? (yeah, break the 'old thirds rule'... someone else just clued me in on that, i'm only passing on the message)

2nd pic: nice moody atmosphere, but probably you can crop the foreground and let more sky into the picture. try using wide angle lens to sort of dwarf the buildings in the background, cos as it is they're stealing attention away from the tree.

Thanks for comments. Will give it a try and see how it turn out. :)

Seriously, if you are trying to depict "lone tree", then lose that piece of ground. It serves no purpose other than a pesky distraction. Using silhouettes against a nice blue-and-cloud sky is one approach, but try to get a clearly, nicely exposed tree set against a nice blue sky too. Results may be quite surprising.

Suggest you find a chance for me to show you a real print of what I'm talking about. My new web gallery probably won't get to be up for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.