LKY at the rally?

kei1309 said:
and where did you dig that logic from?

We are seeing quite a number of strange people in this section lately.

We are seeing quite a number of strange people in this section lately.

Yup...

Also to TS: that guy sells it. I heard it's like a few hundred bucks a pop.

I'm thinking to get one for some fun :bsmilie:

Yup...

Also to TS: that guy sells it. I heard it's like a few hundred bucks a pop.

I'm thinking to get one for some fun :bsmilie:

Ya, realised it from bro Catchlight's fb link.
But he wasn't selling at that particular rally, only walking around to attract attention.

Good idea to purchase, waiting for the LHL version? LOLLL

The TT one is not bad too, you know. Looks quite cute

Last edited:
Ya, realised it from bro Catchlight's fb link.
But he wasn't selling at that particular rally, only walking around to attract attention.

Good idea to purchase, waiting for the LHL version? LOLLL

The TT one is not bad too, you know. Looks quite cute

Maybe. But most likely will get the LKY version first. If we wait for his passing to purchase, the price will skyrocket :bsmilie:

Turnout was good enough to fill Hong Lim Park.
With the mainstream media giving little coverage its still pretty good showing.
But I think turnout for future such events will get worse, with Singaporean's short memories and let others do the footwork attitude.

I was surprised at the large number of long lenses I saw there.
Lots of 70-200 and quite a few 300mm (probably f2.8 from the size)

The ppl with the banners/placards/masks and this guy with the LKY 'mini me' makes the event, imo.

Turnout was good enough to fill Hong Lim Park.
With the mainstream media giving little coverage its still pretty good showing.
But I think turnout for future such events will get worse, with Singaporean's short memories and let others do the footwork attitude.

I was surprised at the large number of long lenses I saw there.
Lots of 70-200 and quite a few 300mm (probably f2.8 from the size)

The ppl with the banners/placards/masks and this guy with the LKY 'mini me' makes the event, imo.

ya, turnout is not bad, my lens not wide enough to capture those to the left.

watch CNA news last night...didn't even show the crowd. LOLLLL

P1000608.JPG

pledge ourselves as one united people....LOLLLL

P1000567.JPG

Not "Merdeka!!!!!!!"?

:bsmilie:

"Merdeka !!!" belongs to him....

photo.jpg

The pledge came after the Merdeka.

Forgotten your history lessons?? LOLLL

Last edited:
Double the population, double the GDP & Reserves, double the administration, then double the pay. Heavier responsibilities = bigger pay; besides increments, bonuses, incentives, inflationary adjustments etc. Already we are the only country in the world with three prime/former prime ministers to run the country & a ceremonial president whose pay is higher than the prime minister.

If the party wan to double their million dollars salary, 10 million population is their target

Last edited:
Double the population, double the GDP & Reserves, double the administration, then double the pay. Heavier responsibilities = bigger pay; besides increments, bonuses, incentives, inflationary adjustments etc. Already we are the only country in the world with three prime/former prime ministers to run the country & a ceremonial president whose pay is higher than the prime minister.

i thought president's pay already cut to less than PM?

"Merdeka !!!" belongs to him....

The pledge came after the Merdeka.

Forgotten your history lessons?? LOLLL

I'm not local.

But i do know what merdeka stands for and it most certainly isn't a word/term that was coined by him, and that only he can use it.

Forgotten Singapore's original official language much, uncle?

I'm not local.

But i do know what merdeka stands for and it most certainly isn't a word/term that was coined by him, and that only he can use it.

I know for sure, Merdeka is a malay word for independence. The term can't be coined by him.

Just watch those malay movies with struggle against foreign occupation themes. Sure find the word merdeka used everywhere through out the movie.

I'm not local.

when i said belongs to him i mean this word was uttered by him during our independence.
The word is "independence" in Malay [is still our national language, fyi]

you are not local? must be some hot young japanese babe?

pledge ourselves as one united people....LOLLLL

That's new, I never knew I need to bring around my IC and raise it in the air when taking the pledge. :bsmilie:

I always put my right hand on my heart, because that's what's important... Your heart. ;)

all this Nationalistic behavior reminds me of this image:

images

:bsmilie:

They've marketed it as 6.9 million but a few of us saw it as 10 million with the amount of space being developed for residential use.

Now they are manipulating the years for that population surge.

Look ahead to 10 million people by 2100?

So rather than understanding that a growing population is necessary, you prefer to raise fist and bang table?