Live View

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcess

Nov 25, 2007
Central
Hi all, when using the 450D in the live view mode, the auto focus does not work? When i press the shutter button dow half way, it does not auto focus...

Hi all, when using the 450D in the live view mode, the auto focus does not work? When i press the shutter button dow half way, it does not auto focus...

For goodness sake, please read your manual!!! :nono:
The reason for the phenomena are all written in your manual... :dunno:

Yeah... Didn't like the fact that I couldn't half depress the shutter button to focus when in liveview mode... :( Which was one of the factors that made me settle for the 400D instead... :confused:

Yeah... Didn't like the fact that I couldn't half depress the shutter button to focus when in liveview mode... :( Which was one of the factors that made me settle for the 400D instead... :confused:

Can't have your cake and eat it yet. LiveView tech is still in it's first stages so AF is going to be a little more troublesome at first.

Besides, I'm sure it's only a minor inconvenience for the mirror to flip up to AF before returning down.

Samuel

i own a 450D and ive only used it, say, less than 10times? probably would and could come in handy in the near future though.

but why not just do what everyone else does? stick to the viewfinder and you can never go wrong! =)

i own a 450D and ive only used it, say, less than 10times? probably would and could come in handy in the near future though.

but why not just do what everyone else does? stick to the viewfinder and you can never go wrong! =)

Heh. That's true. Though I think the liveview will definitely come in handy when the camera is mounted on the tripod...

Heh. That's true. Though I think the liveview will definitely come in handy when the camera is mounted on the tripod...

Youre right.. I only use it on stills. Like landscape and especially finding the right exposure settings.

Live View is useful for checking framing plus focusing when you have a lot of time. I plan to use mine like the ground glass of the older cameras with a tilt/shift lens. Otherwise, it's my good old viewfinder 99% of the time. :)

Samuel

well i always thought the viewfinder stance is what makes dslr users look ohsopro. lol. then again if liveview had a flip screen on it...mmmmm....

1. Goto Customs Functions Menu and change to "QUICK MODE" instead of the "Disable"
2. Set your lens to AF
3. That's it... next you compose, and press "*" till u hear a sound indicating you are in focus (the screen black out at this point of time). You can now take the picture.

The user manual is very handy in exploring the new feature... read it and it would helps...

Good Luck with your camera.

well i always thought the viewfinder stance is what makes dslr users look ohsopro. lol. then again if liveview had a flip screen on it...mmmmm....

Can you imagine holding a long lens like the 70-200 f/2.8 and composing from the live view screen? I know I would sell the camera straight away if it were. Flip screens are fun for low and high angle shots but it's fragile so you have to compromise. It also juts out a little, making composing on the viewfinder slightly harder to achieve.

Samuel

1. Goto Customs Functions Menu and change to "QUICK MODE" instead of the "Disable"
2. Set your lens to AF
3. That's it... next you compose, and press "*" till u hear a sound indicating you are in focus (the screen black out at this point of time). You can now take the picture.

its just really a black screen all the way man. even when i take a shot. nothing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.