Lithium-ion battery question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flame angel

Oct 7, 2004
I've a few questions regarding this , pls clerify for me. Thks!
1) Would using a "pirated" battery cause any damage to a camera?
2) Is it neccessary to charge a new batt for more than 8 hrs & why?
3) How to tell the difference between an original brand one & a "pirated" one? :)

I also got a question to tag on..

Lithium-ion battery don't need to be totally disscharge inorder to re-charge?
I heard if totally disscharge, the batt will die faster.. :think:

I've a few questions regarding this , pls clerify for me. Thks!
1) Would using a "pirated" battery cause any damage to a camera?

no definite yes or no answer. Depends on who manufactured it and what is the cost put into it. If you're not willing to take the risk just buy original. Normally I trust 3rd parties to do a good job so I'm willing to take some risk.

2) Is it neccessary to charge a new batt for more than 8 hrs & why?
Yes it is. It is to activate the chemicals inside. Do a yahoo/google search for more details why.

3) How to tell the difference between an original brand one & a "pirated" one? :)
:dunno: I also dunno how to tell. Most of the time it's by the quality of the prints and spelling errors on the batt itself.

Lithium-ion battery don't need to be totally disscharge inorder to re-charge?
true..
I heard if totally disscharge, the batt will die faster..
also true and false.. not only applies to Li ion batts but all batts. There's a minimum level where you can discharge it.. lower than that, the chemicals breakdown and there's no way you can salvage that back..

Hi yanyewkay,
Thks for ur insight in regards to my questions. When the indicator of low batt shown up, i'd purposely keep shooting just to drain off the batt, so this is what u mean "discharge" ? & it'd shorten the batt live. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.