List of No Photography area

I was stopped by security from photographing the Immigration Counter (Departure) at the Budget Terminal.

I was at the immigration channel when the officer shouted very very loudly at one guy who was happily snapping away.
everyone was staring at the guy and i'm sure he turned red.

I was at the immigration channel when the officer shouted very very loudly at one guy who was happily snapping away.
everyone was staring at the guy and i'm sure he turned red.

then comes the part of etiquette. some over-zealous security personnel inadvertently embarrass or insult photographers.

best way to do it is to approach and speak nicely. shout and manhandle to the ground if the person turns violent or refuses to cooperate..

kei1309 said:
then comes the part of etiquette. some over-zealous security personnel inadvertently embarrass or insult photographers.

best way to do it is to approach and speak nicely. shout and manhandle to the ground if the person turns violent or refuses to cooperate..

Tell that to the security personnel who meet people like these every single day, every single hour?
Somethings bound to give.
That something is etiquette.

I was stopped by security from photographing the Immigration Counter (Departure) at the Budget Terminal.
I have seen travellers taking photos of the metal detector and x-ray machine and what is so interesting about these equipments that people simply can't resist taking a photo of it? :think:

Akatsuki said:
You can shoot anywhere, just make the coast is clear - no guards, no surveillance camera. Fast in, fast out. ;p

Haha. Sounds high op mission impossible.

I have seen travellers taking photos of the metal detector and x-ray machine and what is so interesting about these equipments that people simply can't resist taking a photo of it? :think:

Because it's something new to them? :dunno:
Usually it's the travel virgins. ;p

I was once told off by a overzealous caretaker outside a Hindu temple not to photograph the temple whilst at a public area. I just gave a straight face and then continued because I know what I could do and what I couldn't because I had ever been inside a Hindu temple shooting portraits of priests.

Seriously, I think there's no need to be so concerned about where you can't shoot. There are plenty of place that you can shoot apart from the obvious high security areas. In case of doubt, just shoot and then decide what to do next. If confronted, just act blur, apologise, smile and walk away. Alternatively, if you're in a foul mood, then just challenge and question the authority.

But if it is not Singapore, then you have to be really careful...what's logical here may not be elsewhere.

i concur but the immigration officer was outright rude.
poor guy, i could see he was traumatised.
lousy start to his holiday i'm sure.

You can shoot anywhere, just make the coast is clear - no guards, no surveillance camera. Fast in, fast out. ;p

hahaha love the fast in fast out part.

Why not treat the buildings like humans. Seek permission before you shoot when in doubt.

If not use zoom lens and treat as if you shooting candid where most humans did not realised they are being photographed! ;)

It's logical not to shoot government or military building, but The Cathay ??

I sent an email to them 3 days ago and no reply yet :)