Linda Rakowska...Before she went home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lx3ChuA

Jun 13, 2009
First time doing Swimwear shoot... Snap shot need to CnC...:)

3688092731_8453756bd9_o.jpg

3688895976_8e391ef9dd_o.jpg

how come there is a red over cast ?

#1 hair a little too messy. a little messy blown by the wind is alright, but her hair obsured too much of her face even her nose disappears

#2 i like the pose but her leg should be repositioned for a better look

overall not bad but with an undesirable red tinge

Bro, try to colour correct the cast,i dun think these is the best s5pro can do
my old antique km5d yield much better color

think i knw probably what happen? what brand of the nd filter u using?
just remember over stacking of nd will reseult in severe colour cast...
it abt time u buy my nd filter

Last edited:
Thxs bros for all ur kind comments... Decided to get a 105 dc... ;)

3688673970_db202d4d73_b.jpg

Good looking model.. The red colour cast need to be fixed. Composition wise.. i find the extreme tilting to be not effective.

Good looking model.. The red colour cast need to be fixed. Composition wise.. i find the extreme tilting to be not effective.

Thxs for the comments...:)

Is the red cast still there? Anyone can help?

3687862331_b6238029d6_b.jpg

Thxs for the comments...:)

Is the red cast still there? Anyone can help?

Yes, very much so. It's very likely that you need to calibrate your monitor. Find a second computer and take a look - you'll see it very clearly.

I have had problems with a bad color profile for a monitor I recently purchased, and it created a very strong yellow color cast. I went into the Windows control panel and found color management somewhere, then chose "use my settings for this device", then removed the color profile for that monitor, and the colors went back to normal.

The other, better way to deal with the issue would have been to use a color calibrator, but I don't have one!

Good luck
Eric

yeah, the red cast still there... really need to use a color calibrator. Can get hold of Eye-One, even the old models still works well.

iirc, another way to do it is to set your monitor to 6500k.. i think it's 8500k for most LCD... For a while, you will think it looks funny but after getting used to it, it will be fine.

sometjing wrong with yr s5pro liao
the red only affect the skintone but the beach and water look fine to me..vaguely remember kenrockwell did mentioned abt the pinkish cast on caucasian skin...but this is well too much..either it induce by yr camera or stacking up of nd filter

solution..mabbe can desaturate the red?

The red cast is indeed a problem, if that is straight out from your camera.

However, I do like the redcast on the #2.
The lower part of the pic is too reddish thou.
Looks like one of fashion advertisement that I have seen recently. (i cannot recall the brand)

Thxs guys maybe its the filter.. Also I tin my setting may also be wrong... Will need to check with my friends... Thanks for all the feed back...;)

1 more red red photo:confused:

3688671868_6b2f292204_b.jpg

Bro, one adjusted photo here...

adjusted_for_excel.jpg

U can use selective colour layer to knock the red out.

Linda is such a beautiful girl and good model, i think you could have done better to capture her personality and beauty during your shoot, rather than just casual snapshot-type.

Thxs for ur kind comments... Will work harder....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.