Licensing Programme For Photo-shoot Organisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHARBY

Nov 8, 2004
www.modelsnte.tv
Hi all...my first thread in Kopitiam...was encouraged by an 'old friend' to post my thoughts about the current situation of Photo-shoot Organising in CS. Dear Admin/Mods pls deleted or lock or red card me if any of the contents is not acceptable...:sweat:

First & foremost, many have to admit CS is a great place to learn, exchange ideas and communicate. I love this forum for many reasons and thus I feel I could contribute in my small capacity with regards to Organising of Photo-shoot in CS. My proposal as follows...(sorry for my o'level England)

We should implement a Licensing Programme For Photo-shoot Organisers. How it works:
~ New Organisers
Before a new organiser can organise a shoot in CS, he/she has to get a CS Organiser License.
Who Grants The License? A selective panel of 'Old Hand' in CS. Example: a mod + a critic like Dp + an old bird organiser like ModelShooters
Interview Test? Organiser submits his/her particulars, attends an interview by Panel

* Panel will then decide whether the Organiser is reliable, professional and understands the culture in CS etc etc
* If license granted, Organisers proceeds to pay for subcription and get a 6-month CS Organiser License subject to renewal
...based on performance and feedbacks.
* Admin knows who to look for if problems arises, black listed organisers can never return

~ Existing Organisers
How To Get License? Keep it simple, Admin decides which current organisers can bypass the Panel and grant a automatic 6-month CS Organiser License. Still shoot subscription applies. The rest face the Panel including myself...

~ No License Organisers
* Still be diplomatic...anyone can still organise shoot by paying for a Much Much Higher Subscription and Only Single Posting.
* No license given, no interview with Panel..........thus CS not responsible in terms of quality control
* This maybe will deter the fly by night organisers etc etc

As Organisers, main motivate is to provide quaility shoots of different variety at resonable profit...
Can be a mass (resonable la) bikni bash to a small exclusive affair. From a sexy hotel lingerie shoot to fashion fiesta...Just do it! And please do it with profit! Don't later can't cover cost...shoot kana critise and quote that you do it becos you love PHOTOGRAPHY & PAY ALL TO MODEL bs????

Just my thoughts...

Last edited:
Something like a PDL license ar?

But then, who grants to the old bird organisers? internal approval? Then if their quality degrade?

Also, should we have it for models as well?

Hi Colin,

I find that your suggestion is interesting but there are a couple of underlying details that need to be worked out. Let our Admin and Mod team discussed about this. Thanks for your proposal and input to improve the Photoshoot industry in Clubsnap. Cheerz.

Hope to see more inputs and views from other members and shoot organisers too.

Regards,
Francis

should be approached as an Accredited Shoot Organizer program

My thoughts and suggestions for all organizers.

Having an accreditation outside of CS staffs is going to be too political. However, no matter how this panel is constituted, the difficulty is under what criteria should an applicant be approved and denied? There is no good way to do so, especially to deny an application.

However, I believe all organizers should submit their IC or passport w/ photo, address and phone number to CS when registering for an organizer account. If someone wanted to start an organizer account for "questionable" intents, having to give all their personal data may be a serious deterrent.

If a panel is the way to go, we need very definite guidelines to approve and deny an application. We should not allow for much room for subjective evaluation, which will inevitably deteriorate to a lot of back and forth ridicule.

I like the idea of setting a high hurdle, higher fees, for those who wants to organize occasionally.

maybe set a minimum expectation class

good, better, best

good for those who only want to shoot and with little or no extras

better for those who want some guidance

best is for a full workshop that the participant will benefit the most

but then there will also need to have a model classification

XMM - don't know what to do in front of the camera
MM - a XMM with some experience
model - for full fledge professionals

I heard my name being mentioned :p

Anyway, I think that imposing licensing mechanisms may impose a bar to entry - for the better or worse, the Admins will need to evaluate this.

I kind of like DP's suggestion of giving personal details for accountability purposes.

I also second his view that the evaluation process may lead to issues as to how it is conducted, fairly, consistently etc. Even the current infraction system did suffer from certain complaints/feedbacks as to consistency; does the Admin team really need more areas of potential problems?

I suggest what needs to be done is to first identify the mischief, and next, to suggest solutions to tackle the mischief. In this case, I reckon the mischief can be adequately managed with DP's suggestion.

If the Admins/Mods do not appear to support blacklists/whitelists for most things (such as camera shops, photographers, organisers, models - but correct me if I am wrong), having a full fledge accreditation system will be even harder to put in place.

Hope the above is useful for consideration.

Hi all...my first thread in Kopitiam...was encouraged by an 'old friend' to post my thoughts about the current situation of Photo-shoot Organising in CS. Dear Admin/Mods pls deleted or lock or red card me if any of the contents is not acceptable...:sweat:

First & foremost, many have to admit CS is a great place to learn, exchange ideas and communicate. I love this forum for many reasons and thus I feel I could contribute in my small capacity with regards to Organising of Photo-shoot in CS. My proposal as follows...(sorry for my o'level England)

We should implement a Licensing Programme For Photo-shoot Organisers. How it works:
~ New Organisers
Before a new organiser can organise a shoot in CS, he/she has to get a CS Organiser License.
Who Grants The License? A selective panel of 'Old Hand' in CS. Example: a mod + a critic like Dp + an old bird organiser like ModelShooters
Interview Test? Organiser submits his/her particulars, attends an interview by Panel

* Panel will then decide whether the Organiser is reliable, professional and understands the culture in CS etc etc
* If license granted, Organisers proceeds to pay for subcription and get a 6-month CS Organiser License subject to renewal
...based on performance and feedbacks.
* Admin knows who to look for if problems arises, black listed organisers can never return

~ Existing Organisers
How To Get License? Keep it simple, Admin decides which current organisers can bypass the Panel and grant a automatic 6-month CS Organiser License. Still shoot subscription applies. The rest face the Panel including myself...

~ No License Organisers
* Still be diplomatic...anyone can still organise shoot by paying for a Much Much Higher Subscription and Only Single Posting.
* No license given, no interview with Panel..........thus CS not responsible in terms of quality control
* This maybe will deter the fly by night organisers etc etc

As Organisers, main motivate is to provide quaility shoots of different variety at resonable profit...
Can be a mass (resonable la) bikni bash to a small exclusive affair. From a sexy hotel lingerie shoot to fashion fiesta...Just do it! And please do it with profit! Don't later can't cover cost...shoot kana critise and quote that you do it becos you love PHOTOGRAPHY & PAY ALL TO MODEL bs????

Just my thoughts...

My thoughts and suggestions for all organizers.

Having an accreditation outside of CS staffs is going to be too political. However, no matter how this panel is constituted, the difficulty is under what criteria should an applicant be approved and denied? There is no good way to do so, especially to deny an application.

However, I believe all organizers should submit their IC or passport w/ photo, address and phone number to CS when registering for an organizer account. If someone wanted to start an organizer account for "questionable" intents, having to give all their personal data may be a serious deterrent.

If a panel is the way to go, we need very definite guidelines to approve and deny an application. We should not allow for much room for subjective evaluation, which will inevitably deteriorate to a lot of back and forth ridicule.

I like the idea of setting a high hurdle, higher fees, for those who wants to organize occasionally.

I am very glad to see this thread . May I suggest the team to look into the quality of the models as well. I have came across shoot organisers who gave models the photogs contacts without our consent, here's an email of model asking for photos after the shoot :

Hi,

This is Charlotte, the model from the shooting held at Santosa, remember? (I've attached a pix so you can remember).
I didn't receive any photos from you and would be very grateful if you could send me your best pixs of me (or the link to your online portfolio).

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

--
Charlotte

Hi Colin,

I find that your suggestion is interesting but there are a couple of underlying details that need to be worked out. Let our Admin and Mod team discussed about this. Thanks for your proposal and input to improve the Photoshoot industry in Clubsnap. Cheerz.

Hope to see more inputs and views from other members and shoot organisers too.

Regards,
Francis

can you advise me on the role of the mods? i thought the admins run CS, while mods ensure the members post based on a set of rules. TQ.

I am very glad to see this thread . May I suggest the team to look into the quality of the models as well. I have came across shoot organisers who gave models the photogs contacts without our consent, here's an email of model asking for photos after the shoot :

You should name the organisers so that other photogs can be aware of such actions ...

It is good that you have brought the issue up ... but that still leaves the rest of the photogs in a cloud cos we won't know who the organiser is .....

can you advise me on the role of the mods? i thought the admins run CS, while mods ensure the members post based on a set of rules. TQ.

The director of the company runs the company while the managers ensure day to day operations. Does the director and managers discuss and communicate about issues arising?

It will be nice to cat them as talents and models if not they will be thinking that even a 1.55 or 1.60 is a model...:dunno::think:

Not sure about the "license".(Talking about "license", not accreditation)

Are you authorised to issue "license"? You are? Wow.

(edited)

But it is a good idea to IDENTIFY the (organiser) person, have his name (can change by deed poll or give you a fake one), clear and updated photo, IC number, address (whic he can change by simply moving), phone contacts (which are too easily changed). Should take all 10 finger prints too. This should frighten off the scammers. The Japanese used to do that for some people.

What are potential scammers/frauds most afraid of?
BEING IDENTIFIED to the whole world on the Internet. Being pointed out in public at public places. Being found out and told on in the future, so that he cannot scam anymore.

Last edited:
There is no law to run afoul of to have a accreditation scheme. What law?

I hope you all don't mind a suggestion from a newbie which is
All organisers of photoshoots should adopt the use of "Model Releases" or state terms and conditions as to what photos taken during the shoot can be used for.
I believe this is already in practice by model agencies.
It would eliminate somebody from the press (or sammy-boy forum) joining the shoot and using the photos without control if it is specifically stated that the photos are for the participant's personal use in a portolio (or a specific photography form/s).
Just a little understanding, to safeguard organisers, models and participants.

Are you referring to "model releases" in the sense of how the US adopts it (ie getting a model to waive all rights) - in which case it is signed by a model; or are you talking about "model releases" in the sense of the "Singapore context" where people say "model releases" but they actually mean "photographer's undetaking", which imposes restrictions on photographers usage of the photos.

If the former, it probably isn't so important unless you are intending to sell your pictures to a stock agency in the US.

If the latter, I'd say that as a participant, I won't want to subject myself to such restrictions, and I will rather join an organiser which does not impose such restrictions.

The default position for photographers is the strongest, hence do not change it unless everyone knows what they are doing :) By that time, we are not looking out for photographers (which is what this platform is about) but then allowing other parties to enforce their ideals against us photographers.

I hope you all don't mind a suggestion from a newbie which is
All organisers of photoshoots should adopt the use of "Model Releases" or state terms and conditions as to what photos taken during the shoot can be used for.
I believe this is already in practice by model agencies.
It would eliminate somebody from the press (or sammy-boy forum) joining the shoot and using the photos without control if it is specifically stated that the photos are for the participant's personal use in a portolio (or a specific photography form/s).
Just a little understanding, to safeguard organisers, models and participants.

The director of the company runs the company while the managers ensure day to day operations. Does the director and managers discuss and communicate about issues arising?

i can understrand if the admin says we will discuss with the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.