Lesser Racket Tailed Drongo (or is this the Greater?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now this fellow is really a metering challenge!! Black bird hiding under the cover of canopy...thus dark background... glad that I am shooting in raw mode ;) ...I can't decide if this is the greater or lesser :think: , anyone can advise??

Lesser_Racket_Tailed_Drongo_1.jpg

Lesser_Racket_Tailed_Drongo_2.jpg

Good catch my friend. Shooting RAW does have its advantages. From its forked tail, I'll say it is a greater racket-tailed drongo.

Cheers!

great shot on a common but not-that-easy to spot bird....where did you shoot it?

yes, it's a greater racket tailed drongo.

cheers
scubawun

power!!! my pic did not come out nice... haha.... mickey mouse flash cant make it...... haha...... ;)

wow ... u just displayed the power of RAW.

The details of the black tones on the bird were displayed with detail.... :thumbsup:
Good editing job to bring out the power of RAW. :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's a newbie question:
Always wondered how to capture pictures of the same bird at different angles (like the ones above). Do you move your position around (quietly) or wait at the same spot till the bird settle down another branch with a different angle?

well I would say observation... observe the bird's behaviour is your best tool to getting good angles... ;)

wkcheah said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's a newbie question:
Always wondered how to capture pictures of the same bird at different angles (like the ones above). Do you move your position around (quietly) or wait at the same spot till the bird settle down another branch with a different angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.