Lenses

weiz87

Jun 5, 2006
Hi guys. think of getting lenses for landscaping and macro shoots for my nex c3. what lenses should i get? budget affordable. don't mind 2nd hand.

thanks =)

Hi guys. think of getting lenses for landscaping and macro shoots for my nex c3. what lenses should i get? budget affordable. don't mind 2nd hand.

thanks =)

it will be too painful to me using any lens to do any sort of landscaping
for macro shoots check this link.

Last edited:
You can try getting some old manual Carl zeiss and leica lenses at low prices. Some very good condition zeiss going around at $100plus only.

With focus peaking function on the NEX, manual lenses are a breeze to use.

it will be too painful to me using any lens to do any sort of landscaping
for macro shoots check this link.

yea. i know nex have macro lens. but i was thinking is there something better den the same price? or i should get the SEL30M35

You can try getting some old manual Carl zeiss and leica lenses at low prices. Some very good condition zeiss going around at $100plus only.

With focus peaking function on the NEX, manual lenses are a breeze to use.

erm. what lenses should i look for? any specific model?

erm. what lenses should i look for? any specific model?
Some people take landscape pictures with 20mm, others use 200mm (35mm equivalent). What advice do you expect here? Maybe you should spend more time thinking about what you use right now and in which way this equipment does not deliver what you need. Once you know what you need (note: not want) it becomes quite obvious what to look for. Also: what is your budget? For some $100 are peanuts, for others it's a hefty price tag. For second we have a Buy & Sell section here.

Last edited:
I tink u shld read up on various manual focus lens and the various mounts, if u are interested. Seems like u do not noe tat much yet, stick to conventional sony e mount lenses for now den buy on impulse. The rest of exploration can wait till u noe more abt wat u need.

You might want to find something like a spade for landscaping
ct-3010i2.jpg

Not sure about NEX... but maybe you can use a close-up lens for macro purposes, so you can stick with your kit lens for landscape and architecture purposes, slap on a close-up lens like the Raynox 250.

yea. i know nex have macro lens. but i was thinking is there something better den the same price? or i should get the SEL30M35

for the e-mount lens, it looks like you have only a single choice.
your only other option is to get a A-mount adapter

For lens(es) that you might want to use for capturing landscape photos, any lens will do for as long as it is able to meet your fov requirement that will fulfill your vision in the photo.

Last edited:
:bsmilie: trolls.

get the LA-EA2 and the SAL1118

or you could get the LA-EA (first generation) and the SAL1118, but without the AF. that's because you can shoot manual, yet rely on the MF-Assist and MF-peaking to ensure that your subject is in focus. this would be a cheaper alternative