lense availability and quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
consider Tokina 80-200 F2.8? Build quality excellent, solid, like a tank, zoom ring very smooth. Price also affortable. Image is sharper than Sigma, add saturation +1 in DSLR body set up will improve the colour.

some CA in F2.8 @200mm, but not obvious. F4 onwards CA dissapear.

erina said:
consider Tokina 80-200 F2.8? Build quality excellent, solid, like a tank, zoom ring very smooth. Price also affortable. Image is sharper than Sigma, add saturation +1 in DSLR body set up will improve the colour.

some CA in F2.8 @200mm, but not obvious. F4 onwards CA dissapear.

What about humongously heavy? ;)

hi guys, have any of u guys owned/used the 35mm f/2 before? how's the picture quality like?

Drudkh said:
he's from Area 51, be careful. :bigeyes:

:bsmilie: aft a tiring working day, this is entertaining! Area 51, have long forgotten I belong to Area 51!!!

i din buy as that's not my area of interest, as in the zoom... i like wide angle shots, actually. hence, always hunting ard those 85mm and below... and i luv prime lense... :)

so, do not be deceived by ones "din buy" :D (i know i have no influence lar, just pretend i have lar :p) then think the lense is "fishy" :) go and have a look, test it out with ur 7D and judge fr urself... he would be happy to let u try it out there.. go go go...

-7- said:
Hi all,

Think since Sulhan started listing out some lenses... below lenses are spotted in a shop... pay a visit and talk to Mr. Wong there...

Shop: Fotographix [Lucky Chinatown #02-19. Tel:62237217]

*heard that he usually opens his shop aft lunch till 8:00pm*

1. 100mm f2.8 Macro ---> SD$500.00 [previously display set]
2. 80-200mm f2.8 ---> SD$750.00 [previously display set]

Tested item 2 and its image is still perfectly sharp + superb!!! but fungus is visually there on the rear glass... go and have a look if u are on budget as this kinda price, I believe 2nd hand price can't beat this offer as well...

Cheers...

Hiee -7-....

Went there last friday....close. (noon).....went there again today....and check - the 80-200f2.8. Black and Non-HS but still very sweet condition. The "spots that look like fungus" are not fungus.

All cleaned simply with lens pen. Even no HS....still Fast AF too...!!

rgds,
sulhan

sulhan said:
Hiee -7-....

Went there last friday....close. (noon).....went there again today....and check - the 80-200f2.8. Black and Non-HS but still very sweet condition. The "spots that look like fungus" are not fungus.

rgds,
sulhan

Hi there,

hmmm.... good to hear it is not fungus... purpose of posting this up also to inform those on budget (with this kinda lense, more than worth) and Mr. Wong can sell off his stuff there as well :) got my adapter ring (last piece) from him as well! :thumbsup:

Hope the lense will find an owner soon!

sulhan said:
Hiee -7-....

rgds,
sulhan

hmm No HS = Fast AF, HS = Super Fast AF, den SSM = God-like AF

TME said:
What about humongously heavy? ;)

it's already mentioned "like a tank". You don't expect a "tank" to be lightweight right...;p
actually i tried out my fren canon 80-200 IS USM.. weight about same... but tokina is heavier when you attach the fully metal lens hood.

erina said:
it's already mentioned "like a tank". You don't expect a "tank" to be lightweight right...;p
actually i tried out my fren canon 80-200 IS USM.. weight about same... but tokina is heavier when you attach the fully metal lens hood.

It's heavier than a tank lor... frankly in today's age, a good polycarbonate body is just as good as a full metal jacket... but of course it's an old design...

hey guys...quick question...the kit lens that comes with the D5D is designed for the DSLR rite?...will there be any problems if mount on a film body huh?....:dunno:

kelster said:
hey guys...quick question...the kit lens that comes with the D5D is designed for the DSLR rite?...will there be any problems if mount on a film body huh?....:dunno:

Yes, it will vignette seriously and u will end up with a print that has a circle for the image...

Status
Not open for further replies.