Lens to bring for silkroad trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

Nov 26, 2003
Bedok
Visit site
planing to go for a package silkroad trip in sept.

What lens will u bring.. thinking of 24-85mm ...

don't suggest L lens ahhh... I got no money for that... too exxxxx...

Tamron 28-300 XR

Tamron 24-135? should cost around the same price as your 24-85 in the 2nd hand mkt

leadwe said:
Tamron 24-135? should cost around the same price as your 24-85 in the 2nd hand mkt

how is the lens.. i mean the outcome pic quantily...
only use vititar 17-35mm but realize it not sharp enough compare to my canon 35-135mm.

therat said:
planing to go for a package silkroad trip in sept.

What lens will u bring.. thinking of 24-85mm ...

don't suggest L lens ahhh... I got no money for that... too exxxxx...

Sorry therat but I dun quite understand what exactly u wanna ask, maybe u can rephrase? :think: :dunno:
- U want us to help u choose from the lenses u have?
- or U want us to suggest to u wat lens is most suitable to buy for ur trip?

ReSpawN said:
Sorry therat but I dun quite understand what exactly u wanna ask, maybe u can rephrase? :think: :dunno:
- U want us to help u choose from the lenses u have?
- or U want us to suggest to u wat lens is most suitable to buy for ur trip?

suggest what lens to bring....

Presently, I have 2 lens... 1st is vititar 17-35mm but I broke it during my tibet trip :cry: , the 2nd one is Canon 35-135mm but kenda fugus. Darn 'bad luck' :(

So need to buy a new lens...

A P&S would be more convenient and less bulk. Having said that, are you asking for a lens range or lens types? I would consider a 17-40/4 not because its an L lens but because it is build almost like a tank and probably can take some of the "roughs" on your trip. There are also a number of guys who use only this lens for something you are going for.

I would strongly suggest you bring a portrait lens.
You will never regret.

Since you spend a considerable time and money on this trip.

I will suggest you to get a 50mm lens as a backup. Just in case...

if u use dslr with 1.5 or 1.6 crop, bring a wide angle zoom (wider than 20mm).. a must for scenery. If use film slr, 28mm would be wide enough...

best to bring 2 body one with 16-35/17-40 one with a tele like 70-200, you will be glad, no need to change lens at these dusty environment.

If you on 1.6x body, a wide angle zoom like 17-40 will do great, and also bring along something like a 70-200.

therat said:
how is the lens.. i mean the outcome pic quantily...
only use vititar 17-35mm but realize it not sharp enough compare to my canon 35-135mm.

I consider the quality to be very good compared to the non-L lenses. I presume you are shooting film where the 24mm end should come in handy. As some of the CSer recommended, I would also bring along a 50mm for low light conditions.

leadwe said:
I consider the quality to be very good compared to the non-L lenses. I presume you are shooting film where the 24mm end should come in handy. As some of the CSer recommended, I would also bring along a 50mm for low light conditions.

I wish I can have 2 lens ;) but my husband is the one paying the bill :bsmilie:
I think he only allow me to buy 1 lens :p

I'm planing to take EOS650 (which is belong to my husband) and my A80.
But don't know what lens range will be good for this trip.

My P/S camera is also Canon (don't know which model) 40/70mm -- 2 zoom.

But bring all 3 camera, wow... a little heavy for me

To ghost77, what is a portrait lens?
pia-sia, I'm average users :D

You're using film, then it's pretty easy choice... get something like EF 28-135mm or Tamron 24-135 or EF 24-85... that will do the job just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.