Lens Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
Hi,

I am new to Clubsnap and hope that I have posted in the right Thread.
I am using 300D and have already owned Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 zoom lens, a Sigma 105mm, F2.8 EX DG lens. I am looking for a wide angle or a standard lens to complement my lens. I am looking at the below 3 types of lens:

1) Canon, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM or EF 85 f/1.8 II
2) Sigma, 20mm F1.8 EX DG
3) Tamron, SP AF 14, F2.8

Hope that someone can give me some tips for selection and of course, I do not wish to spend too mush on my new lens.

Thanks
SL

Hi,

I love to shoot macro, scenery and portrait.

Hi,

As I have already a Sigma Macro Lens and would like to go for some wide angle or standard lens. Would you recommend the EF50mm f/1.8 II ?

:)

Tamron SP AF 14, F2.8 will be good with 1.6x crop factor you still get 22.4mm quite wide.
If you not die die want a fix lens, I suggest Tamron SP AF11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di-II with 1.6x crop factor = 17.6-28.8 F/4.5-5.6 super wide...;)

Steplim said:
Hi,

As I have already a Sigma Macro Lens and would like to go for some wide angle or standard lens. Would you recommend the EF50mm f/1.8 II ?

Is good to have this lens in your bag cheap and light weight. Good for low lighting condition. Always in my bag...;) :thumbsup:

Steplim said:
Hi,

definitely...sharp and cheap lens..more than worth what you pay for it:thumbsup:

Thanks for your strong recommendation, what is the price range?
What about EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, I believe it could be 3X higher, right?

Goldenstars08 said:
Tamron SP AF 14, F2.8 will be good with 1.6x crop factor you still get 22.4mm quite wide.
If you not die die want a fix lens, I suggest SP AF11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di-II with 1.6x crop factor = 17.6-28.8 F/4.5-5.6 super wide...;)
might as well get sigma 10-20. many reviews suggest the sigma or tokina 12-24 as the better alternatives to oem lenses.

Thanks guys for all your valuable recommendations, it really give me more ideas to choose the :"right" lens...

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.