Lens Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leongfm

Feb 12, 2003
www.pbase.com
Hello

I went to a photo shop in Centre Point looking for a Lens Pen during my lunch break and got quoted a price of $28. I told the guy that it was too expensive and walked out of the shop. I remembered I got one at Funan IT Mall for $16. Just wondering if there is more than one type of Lens Pen and what are their normal prices? I really do not believe that they could be so ex ($28) even for the most expensive type. Thanks

FM

I got mine at $10. perhaps I bought quite a lot of stuff and the total bill comes close to $300. I bought 2 pens. 1 for myself and the other for friend. Really good.

Newman said:
Get it from AP or CP. About $10 only.
Lens Pen Website

MS Colour also sell Leupold Lens Pen for $10.

p568083dt.jpg

But I still recommend a good micro fibre cloth and a blower to clean your lens. Less chance of scratching your lens and destroying the multicoated layer with chemical. :thumbsup:

taker said:
But I still recommend a good micro fibre cloth and a blower to clean your lens. Less chance of scratching your lens and destroying the multicoated layer with chemical. :thumbsup:

How about lens paper/tissue?

lens solution + lens tissue best for me..
can wipe out even the oiliest mark...

sprockett said:
lens solution + lens tissue best for me..
can wipe out even the oiliest mark...

Moisture is devastating to lens, just have to be careful.

shutterbug said:
Also can, but a micro fibre cloth cost only $4 & can wash if dirty. ;)

where to get micro fibre cloth?

btw i heard that lens paper can also scratch the lens...

Quacks said:
where to get micro fibre cloth?

btw i heard that lens paper can also scratch the lens...

if u not careful anything also can scratch the lens surface. u can get micro fibre cloth from most spec. outlet or camera shop

If you guys has sisters, wife, daughters who uses cosmetic, you could fish from them their cosmetic brushes .. the one they use to brush their faces with. These are high quality brushes and is extremely good for brushing lenses and bodies (camera i.e.). There are different sizes and does the job much faster.

I have been using brushes for almost anything and of course using the appropriate one.

Hope this alternative also help.

Hi People

Thanks for all the interesting and useful info on lens cleaning.

The reason why I started this thread was to highlight the fact that some camera shops are charging exorbident prices for almost everything (bodies, lenses and accessories) so please be careful.

As for Lenspen, I finally bought one from MS Colour for $8 vs $28 that a shop in Centre Point quoted me! I would have been fuming mad if I bought it at the Centre Poing shop.

FM

Status
Not open for further replies.