Lens Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

markccm

Deregistered
Jan 25, 2003
Asylum, Ward 4444
Visit site
R 3rd party Nikon lenses more noisy than 3rd party Canon or Minolta lenses?

For example, if I were to place a Tamron or Sigma lens of exact specs. Same model, but for different mount. Compare it side to side to a Nikon and Canon.

My experience was, the same Sigma or Tamron lens would be more noisy in AF mode as compared to the Sigma or Tamron mounted on a Canon.

Is this true or mine is a one off case?

Or could my dry cabinet humidity set at 40% be too dry dat the grease of the lens dry up. :dunno:

Originally posted by markccm
R 3rd party Nikon lenses more noisy than 3rd party Canon or Minolta lenses?

For example, if I were to place a Tamron or Sigma lens of exact specs. Same model, but for different mount. Compare it side to side to a Nikon and Canon.

My experience was, the same Sigma or Tamron lens would be more noisy in AF mode as compared to the Sigma or Tamron mounted on a Canon.

Is this true or mine is a one off case?

Or could my dry cabinet humidity set at 40% be too dry dat the grease of the lens dry up. :dunno:

Most 3rd party lenses tend to be noisier than the originals. So it's not uncommon.

Regards
CK

Wat I meant was the Tamron or Sigma on the Nikon was more noisy than the Sigma & Tamron mounted on a Canon.

Izzit common?

Originally posted by markccm
Wat I meant was the Tamron or Sigma on the Nikon was more noisy than the Sigma & Tamron mounted on a Canon.

Izzit common?

Canon uses internal lens motor, Nikon/Minolta uses a "screwdriver" AF motor on the body to drive the lens. So it's not unusual to be noisier.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.