Lens!Lens!Lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcoregeeks

Oct 11, 2007
Hey guys!I'm really a newbie.i want to get started on SLR cameras but im really not sure.tried searching on wikipedia and stuffs but didn't find.i wanted to know,what those lens mean?like 55-80mm lens?and other lens type?like what does 55mm and 80mm means?
Much help needed!thanks.

55-80mm basically means the lens starts from a view of 55mm and can extend to a view of 80mm,the bigger the number,the further you can zoom in
and to be honest,your question is kinda vague
try to ask something more specific

Hi hardcoregeeks

All of us been thru this stage :)
One of the page i felt was extremely helpful to build my knowledge before i bought my system was this page :
http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html

* Although it is based on Canon system, the basics are essentially well explained.
There are other good reads in this forum as well.

Cheers
Ryan

You're a hardcore geek that can't google? ;)

Try doing a search for "photography terminology".

Right in this "Newbies Corner" category there's also a sub-category called "Articles and Guides". Read the newbies guide.

You're a hardcore geek that can't google? ;)

Try doing a search for "photography terminology".

Right in this "Newbies Corner" category there's also a sub-category called "Articles and Guides". Read the newbies guide.

Dude,youre kind of RUDE.

Dude,youre kind of RUDE.

Come now, there's no need to fight over this.

The world of photography is vast and complex. Digital photography has made things faster, but sometimes certain concepts perplex us. There is a newbie guide here in this section that should clear many things up for you. As for the topics that you are not familiar with, you can post them here and we will try to help you with them.

Samuel

books! books! books!...read! read! read!

play around w the lenses are the fastest and best way to know.

anyway, a 50mm in 135 format used to be a "standard' lens. in digi camera w crop factor (say 1.6), becomes short tele liao (1.6 x 50 = 80mm).

all in all, v confusing for a newbie. reading books help but its kind of learning to swim on dry land. nothin beats hand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.