Lens in dry cabinet

chaitowkway

Sep 29, 2011
hi, i'm new in photography. just bought a dry cabinet a few days back. I don't know that should I keep my lens caps on the lens or remove caps when store lens in the cabinet. Having this thought is if I put on lens caps on lens before I store it in cabinet, humid air may be trapped in between the cap and lens. If that is the case, will the fungi grow on the glass even lens is put in the cabinet?

no it wont. dont worry. just keep every thing inside. what important is whether you are on the right RH % (in this case..most user will set it to 40-55). thats all.

hi, i'm new in photography. just bought a dry cabinet a few days back. I don't know that should I keep my lens caps on the lens or remove caps when store lens in the cabinet. Having this thought is if I put on lens caps on lens before I store it in cabinet, humid air may be trapped in between the cap and lens. If that is the case, will the fungi grow on the glass even lens is put in the cabinet?

Yes it will! In order to be 100% sure that no fungus will ever grow, each time before I put my lenses/cameras into the dry cabinet, I'll dismentle them & take out the lens elements, and reassemble them when I take them out. If you're not sure how to do that, you can sign up for bro fatigue's talk here.

Ok just joking. ;p

No just leave the caps on. In fact it is better to avoid the glass from collecting dusts and accidentally bumped into. Do set your %RH to the right level though. Cheers. :)

thank you guys for sharing! :)

Guys, just got myself a flash. Do I have to keep it in my dry cabinet or will it be okay lying around?