Lens hood for S602Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielG

May 10, 2002
austvilleinsg.com
Anyone knows if there are any lens hood compatible with S602 to help cut down lens flare?

Originally posted by DanielG
Anyone knows if there are any lens hood compatible with S602 to help cut down lens flare?

You can get one of those cheap $5 rubber lens hood from CP. You need to zoom a little little bit to avoid vignetting thou. And it'll block the IR sensor too, so focusing will be slightly slower when using the hood.

Alternatively, you may try hunting for those plastic flower-shaped hood. Should be better. But i can't seems to find one of those. Anyone knows where to find such hoods with 52, 55, or 58mm thread size?

Originally posted by mpenza
there's flower-type meant for F707 but is very expensive.

Can this be use for S602Z? Anyway, I suppose any lens hood will block the IR focusing sensor right?

Originally posted by mpenza
there's flower-type meant for F707 but is very expensive.
Wa.. that one sure is very expensive! 50+ at least if I'm not wrong.

Can this be use for S602Z? Anyway, I suppose any lens hood will block the IR focusing sensor right?

Not too sure how the sony's hood works. Maybe can ask 707 users here. But if its those threaded one, then it should be 58mm thread size. So you may need to get a step-up ring also.

The Sony one's 58mm threaded. Did saw a few lens hood outside The Camera Workshop but I'm not sure of the pricing and the "connectivity".

So mpenza & azone, are you using any lens hood for S602Z? If so, which ones?

So mpenza & azone, are you using any lens hood for S602Z? If so, which ones?

I got a cheapo rubber one but hadn't used it yet. It causes vignetting at the lower zoom range.

I'm using the cheap rubber hood too. The 55mm one. One thing i noticed. When the cam is powered on, it is not at its widest angle, and there is no vignetting at this point. But if i zoomed out a bit to the widest, there is slight vignetting.

Do you use the lens hood together with the adapter & filters? If so, the lens hood has thread that can screw on to the filters right?

How much did you pay for the rubber hood and where? Don't want to get chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.