lens from japan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harper

Mar 13, 2005
lost in translation
just curious if lens at japan will be cheaper as compared to singapore for both oly and sigma?

or it is better to just get from s'pore for the warranty?

Forget about buying them in japan, Went to Yodobash, Osaka 2 week ago, very expensive. the flash cost 150-200 more then singapore

unless the lens you wanted to get.. is not available here in sg.. that's an execptional

Singapore is fine, if you can find it ...

Like the good Panasonic lenses, almost impossible to find in Singapore, it's ridiculous. This is where one can bite the bullet and order online. Just treat the higher cost as fee for being able to get it asap, and delivered to your door without you leaving your house.

Reminds me of some folks who are willing to pay more than the retail price for a Leica M9 at a shop here just to be able to have it.

the big stores like Yodobashi and Bic camera will only offer retail prices + 5% discount for tourists. if you will be in Tokyo and have time, check out the smaller camera stores in Shinjuku as they may have their own in-house promotions for selected brands and items.

i got my GF1 + 20mm pancake kit in Shinjuku for S$1196 during a public holiday promotion at a store in Shinjuku. japanese domestic set but its not a issue for me, came with the leather half case too. there was a canon promotion at that store too, 15% on all canon products. so its worth checking out the smaller stores if you will be there.

Back from Tokyo on Friday...
New camera or 2nd hand and lens are not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.