Lens for hotel portrait shoot

I think a 105mm macro will do, depending on what you wanna focus on.

macro is good for portrait, but may be too tight for this case as others mentioned. which is why i am considering wide lens :)

you need about 10-11m distance in PORTRAIT MODE (add more distance if you shooting LANDSCAPE MODE) (without anyone getting in your way in between u and subject ) to go full-body ..... hope the TS is working in a Presidential Suite lolzzzz.....

not saying NEVER use LONG lenses ....... in actual fact, a 70-200 works GREAT vs a fixed focal length 100mm ...paired with a UWA zoom ..... a fixed focal length 100mm telephoto is tough to deploy with the feet

up to u guys ..... we all live and learn

i really really hope for a presidential suite :bigeyes: but as daredevil said, organizers may try to make it as less costly as possible :sweat:

i have tried 80-200 inside a studio and most of the times when I shoot, I asked the others to make way for me coz Im standing at the back :bsmilie:

I think I must be the only weird one who interpreted David's comment as wry humour ;)
Everybody seems to be taking him literally.

I think I must be the only weird one who interpreted David's comment as wry humour ;)

haha... am i thinking the same as what you think he's thinking? Perhaps 60mm macro for really up close shots then got the "personal feel"... ;p

Hey! I am very professional when I mentioned 105mm ok ? I like the fur to show up sharp and contrasty. :bsmilie:

Is the hotel room gonna be this big??
310551_10150444825864202_734649201_10795003_1057462106_n.jpg

if that big, I'll rent 300 f3.8 :))

Update:

The hotel room was quite big, enough to squeeze in 14 peeps :bigeyes: anyway, i used my trusty 50 f1.8 most of the time (the other lens i used is 16-85). another photographer is using 70-200 for most of his shots. so i regret leaving my 105 f2, since I wanted to take some headshots. but then again, taking headshots using 50mm, i need to move nearer to the model which i like haha ::lovegrin: