Leica V-LUX 30 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20

buzzybee

Jul 26, 2008
East
Hi all,

Anyone can advice me? Which would you buy? Leica V-LUX 30 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20.

Hi all,

Anyone can advice me? Which would you buy? Leica V-LUX 30 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ20.

This is where you put on the smart consumer hat,physically they look the same,that will alert you to notice their features are identical
and that panasonic is the maker and Leica is just putting their brand logo on it.Their firmware(camera control software) may be different
but one is double the price,no prizes for guessing which is it.Feature wise it has 16X zoom,GPS tagging,full HD(1080P) movie mode and 3D picture.Although Leica is famous for their prime lens razor sharpness I can't say the same about their mini zooms especially when you have
a rather long zoom of 16X.The center will be sharp but the outer edges will be soft if you blow up the image not to say that it is visibly bad.

There are other brands that you can consider like Fuji,Canon, etc. if small,light and compact P&S cameras are you choice.Most important
is how they handle in your own hands,ergonomics do count.Try them out before you decide plus shop for best price meaning don't but from
big retailers like Harvey norman,Audiohouse unless they have good offers which I doubt for new models.