Leica V-LUX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
oic. Anyway technically very nice photo considering this is not a dslr and shot at iso 1600. VERY GOOD AH!!! :D But of coz it comes at a price...

u got other pic? Cat pics (and other furry animals) typically look 'sharp'.

Borrow these photos from a friend...taken at Tanglin Mall last November...
I really like Leica's colours, as rich & natural as the DSLRs.

350997527_8de38e6fbf.jpg

ISO 800 f3.6 +2EV 1/125 45mm

350997531_7106ea9604.jpg

ISO 800 f3.7 +2EV 1/125 82mm

350997535_361c03a808.jpg

ISO 800 f3.6 +2EV 1/125 48mm

350997527_8de38e6fbf.jpg

350997531_7106ea9604.jpg

350997535_361c03a808.jpg

Wow Simply GREAT:thumbsup: (gd iso+gd OIS+Fantastic Leica Lens+great focal range+Lens not extend & retract=no dust):cool:

wow...shoot at ISO800 hv that result is really great...how much for the v-lux 1?

if only panasonic fz and lx series is as goog as their leica counterpart...
the pics show so far is simply amazing:bigeyes: :thumbsup:

:nono: they're the the same pic. I only cropped the first pic from 4:3 to 4 x 6.

I thought the leica is 10meg resolution. The picture you are showing (cat's eyes closeup) doesn't look like a 100% crop from a 10meg picture. Looks downsampled to me. If the first frame you showed is the entire picture, the cat's eyes closeup at 100% 10meg resolution should be much bigger

Anyway, are the pictures really that amazing????? I thought they are similar to Panasonic FZ50 standard.

Example,
FZ50 ISO800.
fz50.jpg

if only panasonic fz and lx series is as goog as their leica counterpart...
the pics show so far is simply amazing:bigeyes: :thumbsup:

I think the panasonic FZ50 is similar in standard. common those pictures are like super downsized.... I think the FZ50 uses the same sensor. There is only that much you can do with post processing.

I think the panasonic FZ50 is similar in standard. common those pictures are like super downsized.... I think the FZ50 uses the same sensor. There is only that much you can do with post processing.
well, never underestimate the power of in-camera post-processing. some good example(dSLR) would be d70 vs d50 vs d40 and d80 vs a100 vs k10D... the noise improvement could be as much as slightly over a stop. :bigeyes:

From the specification I am aware that the camera can reach 420mm & F/3.7.
Is the depth of field of the Leica same as telephoto lens @ 420mm F/3.7?
no... actual focal length is only 88.8mm and not 420mm

no... actual focal length is only 88.8mm and not 420mm
aiya, googled the answer and felt dumb to ask such question. ;p
anyway, it's the small sensor size the cause, so the 420mm isn't real number but an calculated number.

Thank you anyway.

well, never underestimate the power of in-camera post-processing. some good example(dSLR) would be d70 vs d50 vs d40 and d80 vs a100 vs k10D... the noise improvement could be as much as slightly over a stop. :bigeyes:

ya if you are comparing out of camera jpegs. BUT if you have a NR software like neatimage, you will find the difference is rather minimal. Actually I MUCH prefer those camera with noiser JPEGs and less NR applied. I rather get a detailed noisy picture than a soft clean picture.

This is why I though olympus took a step BACKWARDS when they did heavy NR on their later cameras like E330 unlike of their approach with the initial E1. But can't blame them when all the review sites keep harping on noise noise noise when it should really be details details details.

Neatimage or any other NR software can probably do better or as well as what any in camera noise reduction. Furthermore, neatimage provided me with all the updates FOC since I bought it. Its NR capabilities increases with time and its speed increases when you upgrade your PC.

The point is most DSLRs at ISO800 is ok for normal prints. If you EVER need that occasional big print, neatimage is like tens of dollars and 10 seconds of processing time away.

ya if you are comparing out of camera jpegs. BUT if you have a NR software like neatimage, you will find the difference is rather minimal. Actually I MUCH prefer those camera with noiser JPEGs and less NR applied. I rather get a detailed noisy picture than a soft clean picture.

This is why I though olympus took a step BACKWARDS when they did heavy NR on their later cameras like E330 unlike of their approach with the initial E1. But can't blame them when all the review sites keep harping on noise noise noise when it should really be details details details.

Neatimage or any other NR software can probably do better or as well as what any in camera noise reduction. Furthermore, neatimage provided me with all the updates FOC since I bought it. Its NR capabilities increases with time and its speed increases when you upgrade your PC.

The point is most DSLRs at ISO800 is ok for normal prints. If you EVER need that occasional big print, neatimage is like tens of dollars and 10 seconds of processing time away.

Hi wind30,;) yes true, well said:thumbsup: (refer to 1st-para, 3rd & 4th). from my experience using 20D at ISO800 on Normal prints ok but 8-10R noise also there(noise) likewise for fz/prosumers at this size(8R & above) also appear similar. Another thing is that I've tried comparing fz NR-in-camera set to 'Standard & High' but CMI compared to Low-NR-set then go thru Neat Image whereby can select eg. 'Keep more details' or 'Muddy-looking-image',etc and the results (to me) are far more better than In-camera.:cool:

350997527_8de38e6fbf.jpg

350997531_7106ea9604.jpg

350997535_361c03a808.jpg

Excellant pix!!
I myself own a Fz50 and i think i cant even reach ur standard....
Are these pix taken in RAW? I am surprised no much noise @ ISO800.....

For my FZ50, @ ISO200 , the noise is quite visible..

Excellant pix!!
I myself own a Fz50 and i think i cant even reach ur standard....
Are these pix taken in RAW? I am surprised no much noise @ ISO800.....

For my FZ50, @ ISO200 , the noise is quite visible..

No, they're taken in JEPG. That's the piont: these pics are "rather original", beside I did the shapening from the original files, no adjustments in colours and brightness needed. I don't even own a NR software.

To wind30: sorry, this is the first time I come across the term "100% crop". So I don't really understand what does it mean.

No, they're taken in JEPG. That's the piont: these pics are "rather original", beside I did the shapening from the original files, no adjustments in colours and brightness needed. I don't even own a NR software.

To wind30: sorry, this is the first time I come across the term "100% crop". So I don't really understand what does it mean.
100% crop = you zoom in to view image at 100% size... 1 pixel = 1 pixel on screen and then crop.

how much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.