Leica MP Closeup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
I used to think Leica collectors were a bunch of funny folk who fondle their cameras lovingly with a pair of white gloves. Well, sad to say I've become one lately but minus the white gloves and I actually use the cameras. The fine lines of the M bodies make for a great close up subject. Hope my pictures do these little wonders justice. This is a borrowed Leica MP Chrome.

Excuse the thumb prints on the viewfinder, perhaps I should get a pair of white gloves.

kex

Oct 16, 2002
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
:heart: :heart: :heart:

they are really very high workmanship ! :thumbsup:

So many things to buy !

So little $$$$$$ :bsmilie:

metalgear

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
nice shots ! can see your passion coming through.

care to share your setup and settings used ?

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
I like shots 1, 2 & 3 the strongest of the series =)
a minor nitpick is the text which mars yr beautiful foto...

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
Rev said:
a minor nitpick is the text which mars yr beautiful foto...
Ya, I agree but it's there to watermark the images. I still haven't found a way to make copyright markings look unobstrusive yet effective. Thanks for your comments.

student

Jul 26, 2004
If you can get hold of one that looks like it had been beaten to death, thrown in cow droppings, lost its black paint, broken leather, bronzed dented sides and curves, and tattered straps.

That is what a Leica should look like! ;)

And no Zeiss lens! :nono:

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
student said:
If you can get hold of one that looks like it had been beaten to death, thrown in cow droppings, lost its black paint, broken leather, bronzed dented sides and curves, and tattered straps.

That is what a Leica should look like! ;)

And no Zeiss lens! :nono:
My battered M5 will be arriving soon, I'll satisfy your Leica beating fetish with that one. I understand it's in pretty nasty shape.

Can't afford Leica glass la so Zeiss will have to do for now. My 35 summicron coming soon, maybe I'll use that as my modelling lens then.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
metalgear said:
care to share your setup and settings used ?
Thanks. Setup consists of a 1DmkII + Tamron 24-135 SP. Lens used in the macro mode for some shots. The closer ones are taken with a 25mm extension tube attached. 2 150w strobe units. Manual mode on the camera, speeds about 1/125 - 1/160, f11-f16.

so beautiful..... like a glint of silver in the moonlight... can I covet it Terence? Nice shots by the way :thumbsup:

*is that your fingerprint I see in pic 3? hehehe.... this is a beautiful piece.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
SniperD said:
Thanks, ya didn't notice the thumbprint until I downloaded the images, too lazy to reshoot then. That's the trouble with macro work, too many details.

profdrjung

Deregistered
Jul 19, 2005
do you guys know where to buy light strobes that was used to tokk pics of the leica pics here.

tq

jung

98 255 742

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
SniperD said:
it is the new biometric reader to prevent theft

the shutter will not open if unauthorised user press the trigger :bsmilie:

anyway, how about more pic to show the inside of the camera as well? :think:

singscott

Aug 25, 2004
www.whltelightphotographer.com
Terence said:
My battered M5 will be arriving soon, I'll satisfy your Leica beating fetish with that one. I understand it's in pretty nasty shape.

Can't afford Leica glass la so Zeiss will have to do for now. My 35 summicron coming soon, maybe I'll use that as my modelling lens then.
Selling Zeiss ;) Call me me me :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom