Leica 50mm F2.0 APO ASPH

Kaikeong

Feb 12, 2013
a
Hi!

Has anyone use the new Leica 50mm F2.0 APO ASPH lens and post some pictures? It was rated as one of the finest 50mm lens.:)

Hi!

Has anyone use the new Leica 50mm F2.0 APO ASPH lens and post some pictures? It was rated as one of the finest 50mm lens.:)

have read about it and what attracts is the precise optics in such a neat little package. all said i am still quite sure that the images from this so called little wonder will be indistinguishable from those of my 50 lux at my level of photography !

Ni HAO my view:

1. If you have 50 lux ASPH, I agree with Ming Thein your shooting skill and hand steadiness will make a bigger difference than upgrading to APO.

2. What I really like about APO is the compact size.

Too clinically clean and perfect.
No soul, no charater.
I still prefer 35 Lux Fle and Noc 0.95 combo for general and low DOF shots.

Heard that the price will be raised in July - nasty leica marketing gimmick or not I have placed my order . Have two frens who shoot the f2 apo and they both love it above the 50 lux

It is one of those lenses that you will never miss if you don't own it. BUT once you do and start to use it, you will notice a difference when you use other lenses.

Hi!

Hi kaikeong i just took possession of the 50mm f2 apo yesterday and i can summarise the experience in 3 words - ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS ! the feel and handling of this little beauty cannot be faulted in any way from the weight , balance on the M 240 to the lovely screw out lens hood. pure leica engineering genius ! as for optical performance enough has been written already in the reviews

took some time buying it as the hefty price tag was very daunting but i reasoned it this way - the value of leica lenses will never hit zero, it is and will be a beautiful piece which i can use and enjoy for years to come and who knows if the goal scoring german engineers [ in the world cup of lens design ] will decide to stop production one day as the construction is apparently very time consuning and labour intensive unless its another marketing gimmick

Hi!

Hi Kaikeong I too just got my APO a few days ago with my MM . I too have a m240 but the APO shine really with the MM. For m240 I still prefer to use the classic something like F1.0 or the 35AA. To me even the .95 is too clinical and is too heavy to carry around . If u can get the APO go for it. It's a no regret lens

Hi kaikeong i just took possession of the 50mm f2 apo yesterday and i can summarise the experience in 3 words - ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS ! the feel and handling of this little beauty cannot be faulted in any way from the weight , balance on the M 240 to the lovely screw out lens hood. pure leica engineering genius ! as for optical performance enough has been written already in the reviews

took some time buying it as the hefty price tag was very daunting but i reasoned it this way - the value of leica lenses will never hit zero, it is and will be a beautiful piece which i can use and enjoy for years to come and who knows if the goal scoring german engineers [ in the world cup of lens design ] will decide to stop production one day as the construction is apparently very time consuning and labour intensive unless its another marketing gimmick

Hi! Gtan,

Yes. I am also a proud owner of this lens. Its really great piece of lens with great performance!

Better than ASPH a lot?
Size didn't differ much

Better than ASPH a lot?
Size didn't differ much

Hi genstars I don't own the asph so can't comment . Most of the time I believe the images will be indistinguishable at normal magnifications but reports claim that the apo shines more in exacting conditions eg low light and at greater enlargements

Hi! Gtan,

Yes. I am also a proud owner of this lens. Its really great piece of lens with great performance!

Hi gtan,

How much did you paid for this lens? I bought mine for SGD$10,300. I was wondering if I am overcharged. Hehe.

But this lens its true no regrets. Once you put in on the M, you will not want to take it down.

Cheers
Kaikeong

Hi gtan,

How much did you paid for this lens? I bought mine for SGD$10,300. I was wondering if I am overcharged. Hehe.

But this lens its true no regrets. Once you put in on the M, you will not want to take it down.

Cheers
Kaikeong

Yup . $10,300 . Imoh worth every cent :)

Could I ask those who bought the lens this year, how long did you have to wait?

Thank you.

Ming Thein doesn't really know what he's talking about... But that's just my opinion. Maybe I'm a fanboy :D

I also notice when my wife gets a hair cut, or when she comes home with painted nails. So maybe I'm just a little more observant then most people?

Hi bro, anyone get this lens from Hong Kong ? What the price now? Thank you