Leh / Ladakh Trip

o_O how did u managed to get it so cheap... i went to antrek website.. it says Euro 70 per person per day (all-inclusive, i.e. transport + accomodation + meals).. means Euro 840 for a trip of 12 days per person...

we paid by jeep, not by per person, last time cheaper also. and we do not pay for the jeep everyday, only the limb from delhi to manali, and manali to leh only.

actually, i was thinking since i won't be trekking (cos mainly jeep rides) and won't be staying often in tents (correct me if am wrong) and the jeep will drive me to the hotel doorstep, it makes more sense to carry luggage case with wheels since it can be (i) locked and (ii) can packed more things.. so not following you there on why you would suggest backpack... nevertheless noted on ur suggestion :)

nope, backpack comes in different volume and extension, and definitely packs more than hard casing

and from the car to doorstep variable distance. it could be 5m to 15m, some of which like at spangmik from the gate is like 50m... sometimes going to the carpark (etc at delhi) road condition can also be very bad

oh ya... another quick question, is there internet available at the hotels/motels along the way? think i am pushing that bit.. haha...

leh have internet cafe dial up some 56k, some less

we paid by jeep, not by per person, last time cheaper also. and we do not pay for the jeep everyday, only the limb from delhi to manali, and manali to leh only.

oic... then from leh venturing out, u guys did not keep the transport?

nope, backpack comes in different volume and extension, and definitely packs more than hard casing

and from the car to doorstep variable distance. it could be 5m to 15m, some of which like at spangmik from the gate is like 50m... sometimes going to the carpark (etc at delhi) road condition can also be very bad

haha... icic... i guess my mentality is still wrong... i was thinking of front door parking :bsmilie::bsmilie:... i didnt expect to walk more than 10 steps from jeep to hotel door :embrass:... k.. then i understand why u suggest backpack liao...

k.. noted... thanks!

thanks guys for all your invaluable feedback! wow... transport not cheap sia... $600 for a group of 6 means total about $3,600 for the transport! btw its ok to bring those normal luggage case with wheels tat type right? no need to bring backpack right?

AReality do you still have your itinerary for your previous trip? if so, can post online ma? for my reference :)
Hey, you're going there for photography?

What's your email?
I can easier advise u on your itinerary via email.

hi everyone

4 of us, planning a 2 weeks trip in late jul / early aug to ladakh.

a few questions, hope can get some advices.

our travel period is a good time to go?

some places we are planning to visit
markha valley trek by camping, 7-8 days
nubra valley trip by jeep, 3 days
tso moriri trip by jeep, 3 days
lamayuru to alchi trip, by trekking/camping, 5-6 days.

which one of the places will u recommend? and any other places must go?

thanks in advance.

Hey, me and my friend doing a trip on 12th to 25th june,
with luck we can even meet up !!
plans are similar taking the "luxury volvo bus" up from delhi to shimla, manali keylong then leh, followed by a flight from leh to delhi and a one day train down to agra to visit taj mahal and back in delhi.
The flight should cost ard 300

Visa can be done at mustafa

Will be backpacking so really hope experienced bros out there can provide some advice on what to bring (packing list) and what sort of camera equipment ? Camera body memory cards what lenses? was thinking my tamron 17-50 and a 12-24 and a tripod.

Hi, if you are heading to Leh,
i need a favor from you to help me pass some photos to a Ladakhi family whom I lived with.

Hi, if you are heading to Leh,
i need a favor from you to help me pass some photos to a Ladakhi family whom I lived with.

will contact u if my trip to leh is going ahead.

well i will be staying a couple of days about 3 -4 days in leh ladkah. So i might be able to help

This is a really informative thread with good tips on a trip to Ladakh. Might just plan a trip there in the future.

Re: Leh / Ladakh Trip
Its depends on your plan schedule to travel with in 11 days. In my opinion u must visit less time consuming places in a single day or the places where less to visit. Even u can cutoff u r resting time if u really want to visit such beautiful places becoz who rest always looses the the best.
All the best 4 u r trip.................

Camcorder Charger

Last edited:
Hi Friend
Welcome to India , further donnot go to Srinagar and Kashmir, this place is not peaceful now a days.

Thanks
alok

Must spend more time in Ladakh, beautiful place! Was there in 1990!
Travelling overland from Kashmir to Leh,, long journey;)

Hi guys, If you need the pricing. This is what we paid for with Antrek for 5 pax last September:

Our jeep AC Innova or Scorpio - pick up at Delhi International Airport, drive overnight to Manali

Stayed one or 2 nights at Appleview, Manali (100-200rps per night- we pay)

Drive from Manali to Keylong. Guest house there is about 500rps a night (we pay). Plenty around the area

Jeep Innova or the Scorpio would drive you from Keylong to Sarchu to our Antrek Camp. Here you would be provided dinner and the next day’s morning breakfast @ Rupees 800 per person X 5 persons = Rupees 4000

Drive from Sarchu to Leh in an Innova or Scorpio. Total jeep cost from Delhi International Airport to Leh would be Rupees 28000/-

Total services cost Rupees 32000/- for the 5 of you.

Hope this help. If you need any more info. feel free to drop me a mail.

P