Legalities for photographers - any lawyers out there ?

why complain about no one in a forum can give you a straight answer?

If anyone want to know the law, just need to consult a lawyer, of course you need to pay a lawyer,

if you already paid a sum to attain such info, will you willing to share with anybody out of goodwill?

If yes, that's very good of you, please go and see a lawyer and find out, post your finding here and let everybody thank you.

why complain about no one in a forum can give you a straight answer?

I am curious (and not complaining) that a forum of photographers don't know their rights. Ignorance may be bliss but it remains ignorance.

If anyone want to know the law, just need to consult a lawyer, of course you need to pay a lawyer,
if you already paid a sum to attain such info, will you willing to share with anybody out of goodwill?
If yes, that's very good of you, please go and see a lawyer and find out, post your finding here and let everybody thank you.

Wow - that is not a very collaborative attitude and from a moderator too !!

Anyway - I will explore the answers and when I get them - yes I will be happy to share them because I believe the community deserves the right to know.

Last edited:
Wow - that is not a very collaborative attitude and from a moderator too !!
He just dealt with a troll, so forgive him.. he's a very nice guy, indeed.. ;p

For me, i will just photograph as long as there is no "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" sign around.. for people, i will see if there are less than let's say 3 people, then i will ask them first (or in case of kids, their parents, clearly stating who i am and what is my intention).. If by any chance there is someone telling me not to photograph, i will ask him/her first on what basis i can't take photograph? is there any restriction signs? is there any written law? if not, i will politely defend myself.. if they still confront me, then there comes problem.. :devil:

He just dealt with a troll, so forgive him.. he's a very nice guy, indeed.. ;p

For me, i will just photograph as long as there is no "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" sign around.. for people, i will see if there are less than let's say 3 people, then i will ask them first (or in case of kids, their parents, clearly stating who i am and what is my intention).. If by any chance there is someone telling me not to photograph, i will ask him/her first on what basis i can't take photograph? is there any restriction signs? is there any written law? if not, i will politely defend myself.. if they still confront me, then there comes problem.. :devil:

There are of course written laws on specific grounds. Just that you don't know about it. Invasion of privacy, Trespassing etc. It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.

There are of course written laws on specific grounds. Just that you don't know about it. Invasion of privacy, Trespassing etc. It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.

What i mean is that, if i take a photograph on a public street and there is someone telling me not to, i will ask them first, IF there is no law whatsoever prohibiting me, then i will defend myself..

but if there IS, then i will not defend but comply with the law..

I take pictures because i don't see any prohibiting signs.. if there is any (written or in the form of signs) that one can provide me with, i will gladly comply..

It happened to me once when i went to my friend's condo, i went to the pool area and took some pictures (with no people in the pool). The guard came to me and said i need permission from the head of management, i just said afew more pictures would do and i just left peacefully.
I wonder whether all the residents have to do the same. Maybe they should apply for permission, simply. 20..30 requests every day, for every picture.. :devil: