Left hand pays $X to right hand, and then announce they just "bought" your country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Manhattan can :bsmilie:

but we can always call on Iron Man to send the nukes into another dimension :bsmilie:

jokes aside, this case has been at a stalemate for years. since 1997 IIRC.

and i think it's ridiculous and abusive for China to keep trying to use their superpower and economic status to bully other countries.

islands belong to whoever has enough naval power. USA unlikely to pressure China over their acts, too. China is the largest sole holder of USD Treasury Bills and similar instruments

I don't think China would dump USD easily. U don't want to see your debtor from bad to worse. Then China would be as bankrupt as the US

islands belong to whoever has enough naval power. USA unlikely to pressure China over their acts, too. China is the largest sole holder of USD Treasury Bills and similar instruments

You borrow a little, you owe the bank. You borrow a lot, you own the bank. It is not in China's interest to dump their holdings.

Yeah. Interesting to see how the role has reversed. According to the Laws of the Sea...

Who create Laws of the Sea ? when you are power enough, you can amend and create your own Laws of the Sea.

".... Law of the Sea Convention or the Law of the Sea treaty, is the international agreement that resulted from the third United Nations Conference on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS III), which took place from 1973 through 1982...."

Personally I don't and cannot understand why the redline drew till outside my kampung beach (Sabah) when the nearest shore from there would take at least 2hours by commercial plane.... Our area is North Borneo The Land Below The Wind, not owned by the new more yankee than yankee, more viking than viking garment.

It is not about the small island. The reactions of Taiwan and PRC are predictable. Using those reactions, it is just a vehicle for Japan to have an excuse to militarise again - which is what they really want. Based on Japan's willingness and preparedness to take on PRC if it comes to an all out fight, it implies Japan have had nuclear weapons for a long time already. Maybe that's why Japan refused American help to go into and put out the Fukushima nuclear reactor fire.

It is not about the small island. The reactions of Taiwan and PRC are predictable. Using those reactions, it is just a vehicle for Japan to have an excuse to militarise again - which is what they really want. Based on Japan's willingness and preparedness to take on PRC if it comes to an all out fight, it implies Japan have had nuclear weapons for a long time already. Maybe that's why Japan refused American help to go into and put out the Fukushima nuclear reactor fire.

Uncle... what type of weed have you been smoking? are you trying to start World War III? :bsmilie:

I don't know uncle Ricohflex got the idea from where, but the confrontation between China n Philippine, China n Vietnam are making its reputation bad enough. Simply drawing out the line telling the world that is its territory. The confrontation between Malaysia, Brunei haven't yet, but might happen if physically the "ships" came in that way. Personally, I don't like it and don't want any China official "ships" coming to Sabah waterway and claim that's its territory. No proof and no Alibaba story.

Last edited:
I don't know uncle Ricohflex got the idea from where, but the confrontation between China n Philippine, China n Vietnam are making its reputation bad enough. Simply drawing out the line telling the worms that its territory. The confrontation between Malaysia, Brunei haven't yet, but might happen if physically the "ships" came in that way. Personally, I don't like it and don't want any China official "ships" coming to Sabah waterway and claim that's its territory. No proof and no Alibaba story.

precisely.

because Zheng He has ever set foot on Singapore's Shores... are we next in their line of conquest?

:think:

Uncle... what type of weed have you been smoking? are you trying to start World War III? :bsmilie:

Start brand war will tio warning here..what if 1 start a world war here? :bsmilie:

Anyway..am watching the news just now and was quite shock to see the rioting event going on. And to my surprise. Some Chinese bro & sis even "propose" China to go on war with Japan. :eek:
:dunno:

Last edited:
Start brand war will tio warning here..what if 1 start a world war here? :bsmilie:

Anyway..am watching the news just now and was quite shock to see the rioting event going on. And to my surprise. Some Chinese bro & sis even "propose" China to go on war with Japan. :eek:
:dunno:

if China attacks Japan... it'll be the start of World War III. and this time, it'll be more than just 2 factions

Hope those arrogant rioters proposed to fight in the riot were just mis-led. Sad to see some China youngster would go to street with such disgusting proposal.... They looked educated and full of bright future, but why being irrational with such mindset of war thing??!!

Hope china will not claim sg. Sg got so many prc workers plus chinese ancestors come here hundred years ago.

I pray it will not.

Having produced all the facts of history and so on.... Bottom line is - Is China afraid of anybody or in fact any country? Sad to say the answer is a straight NO! NO! NO!.....Some might say 20 years ago but look at the situation now and going forward.......the situation can only get worse in other eyes....My 2 cents worth.

FIRST of all ...... Japan has a population that is aging and most are Ah Peks and Ah Ma .... it does not have the manpower to form an offensive force (which is why the US is such an important military ally)

The population in Japan will keep falling by about 1mil each year for about the next 50 years. This means that Japan is likely to end up with a population of only 87 million by 2060...... OF WHICH more than 40% of the population will be over 65 years old.

The Japan Self Defence force lacks any offensive abilities like aircraft carriers, long-range S2S missiles, ICBMs, long-range bombers and large stores of ordnance and other ammunition. The Rules of Engagement for the JSDF are strictly defined by the Self-Defence Forces Act 1954

Our imagination that Japan is STILL a military power could be because we are watching too much Japanese action cartoons on TV where Ultraman and 100,000s of soldiers , jets and bombs and lazer canons fight Godzilla , Pokemon and Hello Kitty

Look at the ingredients and reasons why Imperial Japan expanded beyond its shores during the early 1900s . You have to be worried that these ingredients might brew something similar for China to do the same thing too ..... this is just normal human nature for the desperate/starving/strong/nothing-to-lose to get aggressive ..... nothing to do with any country's culture, race or religion

Possible Ingredients :
1. Recession/Depression
2. Devastated Economy and widespread poverty
3. Exhausted/Fast-exhausting natural resources
4. Too relient on foreign sources of energy and raw materials (first reason for annexation or colonialism of a foreign territory)
5. HUGE and young home population and high home unemployment
6. Social Anarchy

Last edited:
Many years ago, overseas Chinese were wishing China could be stronger, at least not to be bullied. But nobody would expect or to think that China has actually showing such sign of aggressiveness even towards its close neighbours!! That not only changes the good perception about China but also disappointed more people why the action shown is against the core moral value that China has emphasized since thousand years ago...

Japan firms stop China operations after protests

Panasonic said it was halting work at a factory in Qingdao in northeast China "for the time being" after a fire. The electronics giant had also reportedly temporarily suspended two other plants, but no immediate confirmation was available.

The camera and printer maker Canon, meanwhile, suspended three of its four main plants Monday and Tuesday to ensure the safety of its employees, a company spokesman told Dow Jones newswires.
Source: Japan firms stop China operations after protests - Channel NewsAsia

not cool...not cool.. :what:

Last week....Chinese premier has send his strongest warning to Japan pm on the nationalism of the island....but it seems to fell on death ear...so this is the consequences.....why always made prc a bad guy when they have never conquered or rape other nations women? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.