LCD TV: Sharp PX5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Hi all,

About to plonk $ down for the Sharp 42" PX5... going for $2999 (w/GST), including the current offer of $300 Taka/NTUC voucher and Drach HD top box. Anyone with 'insider' information knows if the next offers from Sharp will be better? (today is the last day for current offer price) :sweat:

Sharp's AQUOS LCDs are the best LCDs out there. At <$3k for 42in, is pretty good price! Got free HD set top box somemore!

Ya, about to buy it.. but the HD box they giving, the Draco one... does it upscale the normal StarHub channels thus, improving the picture quality?

Ya, about to buy it.. but the HD box they giving, the Draco one... does it upscale the normal StarHub channels thus, improving the picture quality?

I have no idea about this Draco thingy. I am having some problems with Starhub right now with some of their idiotic rulings. Now I got a HD ready plasma with no HD content to view. ;(

Oh? I don't think I'll go for the SH HD package cause I don't wanna spend $ while they just have Nat Geo and Discovery. Will wait until they have more HD channels before I get the HD box from them.

What was your problem with them?

Because I still have contract with them, the won't allow me to go for the HD box at promotional price, even if I told them to extend my existing contract for one year. Actually, they have all to gain if they allow me to start the HD subscription now rather than wait for my contract to end next Jan. For a start, they can collect $15.75/mth immediately. If I only subcribe in Jan, they will miss collecting 9 mths of my subscription. Can't understand their logic, as though I will run away with the HD box, which is stupid since it is not usable anywhere else.

Think either system not set up to allow you to sign up right now, or the guy serving you couldn'ti be bothered. Oh well, not a big deal unless you're a big fan of Discovery and National Geographic :) I hear the programs repeat quite a bit also, so IMHO not really worth subscribing at the current moment

Status
Not open for further replies.