LCD Recommendation? anyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholaslee

Nov 16, 2003
Yishun , SG
www.nicholas.proximuz.us
Hi guys! :D For those who are using LCD to do photo editing, which LCD is a better buy? my eyes can't take it looking into the CRT so many hours everyday :confused:

I'm looking for a 15". my budget is around $500+-. I dun really play any games so I'll dun need such a low ms right?

Which brand/model of LCD do you think is suitable for graphic editing?

Thanks alot! ;)

nicholaslee said:
Hi guys! :D For those who are using LCD to do photo editing, which LCD is a better buy? my eyes can't take it looking into the CRT so many hours everyday :confused:

I'm looking for a 15". my budget is around $500+-. I dun really play any games so I'll dun need such a low ms right?

Which brand/model of LCD do you think is suitable for graphic editing?

Thanks alot! ;)

Eizo ~ but out of your budget ...
erm ... Sharp LCD also not bad but dunno whats the price

nicholaslee said:
How is philips LCD? Or samsung? Both brands often have roadshows at sim lim.. :dunno:

both are quite good i feel
but sharp LCD technology is better

btw i am using philips :bsmilie: cheap one
C series
if have money to get B series, much better

ViewSonic VG710s......so far so good

latmo said:
both are quite good i feel
but sharp LCD technology is better

btw i am using philips :bsmilie: cheap one
C series
if have money to get B series, much better

:eek: was actually considering one of their B models price around 500+ :think:

Don't bother with cheap LCDs, use the same money to get a good CRT instead. If you want LCDs, the ones to go with are things like the Eizo L568, Samsung 173T (discontinued) and of coz, the best are the Apple CinemaDisplays. :devil:

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Don't bother with cheap LCDs, use the same money to get a good CRT instead. If you want LCDs, the ones to go with are things like the Eizo L568, Samsung 173T (discontinued) and of coz, the best are the Apple CinemaDisplays. :devil:

Regards
CK

:( I find that using CRT strains my eyes alot as I'm often in front of my pc hence want to change to a LCD

of coz I won't have money to own a Apple CinemaDisplays :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

BUY BUY BUY! Apple or Eizo

anyway, a good crt dun stain eye that much. i was using viewsonic PT775 (professional series, the most ex at that time) for 4 years till it spoilt, all my friends find it very comfort to look at, i even use it for almost 20 hours daily during my uni days. got so used to it liao that i cant stand those normal crts

If you buy a cheap LCD, you will find that it's even worse than a CRT. Get LCDs which are not only 18-bit colour or so, else you will find colour posterisation as it cannot represent your pics faithfully. A good 19" CRT operating at 1280x1024 @ 85Hz with a good video card (good DAC) can't be that bad right? A Samsun 959NF is good and cheap.

I find Sony's Crystal Bright screens very good. But too bad the screen surface is glossy, why don't they multicoat it or something.

quekky said:
BUY BUY BUY! Apple or Eizo

anyway, a good crt dun stain eye that much. i was using viewsonic PT775 (professional series, the most ex at that time) for 4 years till it spoilt, all my friends find it very comfort to look at, i even use it for almost 20 hours daily during my uni days. got so used to it liao that i cant stand those normal crts

the PT775 is damn good, & also damn big for the size compared to other brands or model of same size... heavy too... but the refresh rate is fantastic.

i used a 170S4 den upgrade to 170B4 den upgrade to 190B4(for 2 days) den now using 190B5. from all the monitor, i find that 190 series is good for the eyes... cos its still 1280x1024 max but 170 seem to be smaller, den 190 makes it look bigger but more refined. the normal D-sub connection really cannot make it... i using the dvi, its better overall if you have such connections. (oh ya its my desk in my office :p my room still use 170B4)

i also used a 150C4 or C5 i forget... its very clear as well even thou its using D-sub, i think the reason is that the screen is small and its 1024x768.

i would say the video card also makes a difference, i using ATI cards only... :blah:

forget to add... for LCD, you can only use 1 resolution, so make your choice wisely... for eg, 190 althou can support range between anything to 1280x1024, it would be very blur if you use it at 1024x768 or lower... so test the screen with the recommended resolution before buying.

I'm currently using the Philips 107x2. I find it not very good. My photos when viewed with my school's lcd which I suppose it's suppose to be normal LCD, I realised that some part of the black and gray I couldn see on the LCD but not on my CRT. Hence my image looked worse (colours) althought it looked perfect on my screen. :confused:

Apple Displays starting from $2488 it's out of the question!!!! :blah:

:sweat:

get the best for the money you want to spend. i would settle for CRT, at least, 17in. bigger is easier on the eyes for editing purposes. CRTs are stable.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i would say the video card also makes a difference, i using ATI cards only... :blah:

Yup, at least a ATI, Matrox is swee but 3D acc not swee leh.
I have to balance games and 2D quality so bo bian. :)

Hmm ... :think: video card does matter to some as ATI was said to have a more natural colour over the rest of the display cards.

As for LCD displays, either Eizo, Samsung, Sharp or Mac. BenQ is pretty good too, currently using 1 with WUXGA display.

Samsung or Philips or LG are all good.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
forget to add... for LCD, you can only use 1 resolution, so make your choice wisely... for eg, 190 althou can support range between anything to 1280x1024, it would be very blur if you use it at 1024x768 or lower... so test the screen with the recommended resolution before buying.

:bigeyes: !!!! omg! I didn't notice that!!

Settled for a Samsung 710N today and it's recommended resolution is 1280X1024! :confused: I'm more used to 1024x768... the text aren't crispy when using 1024x768 and it looks so small but great on 1280x1024 :complain:

Status
Not open for further replies.