Layang Layang Hijrah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore / Taiwan
www.myviewfinder.net
Layang Layang Hijrah, a Malay name for the Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica), a nesting migrant bird that is not uncommon to our city state.

Closely resembling its "cousin", the Pacific Swallow, the Barn Swallow sports a distinguishing metallic blue band around its breast that sets it apart from the other species.

One particular juvenile from a flock of these birds decides that it is not a bad idea to be accomodating to the photographer. Hey, I reckon we ain't that scary to this young one aye? Well than, since it is at it, why not do it in style? :)

Presenting thee, the Chirping Barn Swallow ...

jan05-barnswallow-01.jpg

For your comments and viewing pleasure. :)

Great shot, great moment :thumbsup:

Beautiful capture Avatar. Your shots are always inspiring - thanks for posting. That little guy sure has a big loudspeaker ! :bsmilie:

wow! very super nice :) great shot man!! hehe as always, i have to say... your bird shots never fail to inspire and impress!!! - the top part is a little oof though... on purpose?

agreed wif gooseberry~~! inspiring shot matey! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

taken out? how come cannot see one...?

Beautiful :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing

wow see it liao, amazing!! :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and insights. It is really heartwarming to see this community of barn swallows surviving well in our shrinking nature-scape. :)

good !!! :thumbsup:

NICE!! NICE!!! Very cute!! It seem like the little bird was shouting "Help ! Help! Someone "shooting" me !" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.