Latin America - Snapshots from Brazil, Mexico & Peru

wow, thumbs up !great pics, great colors...!! Almost as if i was there...!!

Should we try selling the mega-meat sandwich here in Singapore? ;p

You've been to the Carnival? Got photos to share?

The weather there changes very quickly.. the only tourists probably be there would be people who did the inka trail or you! :D

Yes I got to Carnaval this year - it was on my MUST DO list of my South America Adventure! The atmosphere both at the Carnaval parade and outside (street parties were everywhere) is awesome... I have to admit, I didn't take alot of photos at street parties.. well it is all about partying isn't it? :bsmilie:

here are some of the photos I took (not to hijack your thread)
P1030684.jpg

P1030752.jpg

CIMG0781.jpg

mm88 said:
The weather there changes very quickly.. the only tourists probably be there would be people who did the inka trail or you! :D

Yes I got to Carnaval this year - it was on my MUST DO list of my South America Adventure! The atmosphere both at the Carnaval parade and outside (street parties were everywhere) is awesome... I have to admit, I didn't take alot of photos at street parties.. well it is all about partying isn't it? :bsmilie:

here are some of the photos I took (not to hijack your thread)

Nice! Yes I wld leave my Dslr behind too if I were partying on the streets!

Nice! Yes I wld leave my Dslr behind too if I were partying on the streets!

its really party all night long. the carnaval parade itself starts from 5pm to next day 7am... even if you are not out at the parade, people be at some street parties.. they will all be dressed up like for halloween. its craziness to the max (but during that period, the accomodations price also shoots like like 3-4x!)

I do like Christ Redeemer pix - I didn't have good weather.. it was all fog up! :(

its really party all night long. the carnaval parade itself starts from 5pm to next day 7am... even if you are not out at the parade, people be at some street parties.. they will all be dressed up like for halloween. its craziness to the max (but during that period, the accomodations price also shoots like like 3-4x!)

I do like Christ Redeemer pix - I didn't have good weather.. it was all fog up! :(

Yeah, the weather is quite unpredictable. I was in Rio for a few days and only had 1 day of good weather. It rained the first time I went up Sugarloaf and was a bit foggy too. Had to go back again the next day when the sun came out.

62. Peru has really fresh seafood and excellent cuisine, so thought I'd share some of my food photos. Ceviche is a very popular seafood dish in Peru. The dish is typically made from fresh raw seafood marinated in citrus juices such as lemon or lime and spiced with chilli peppers. As the dish is not cooked with heat, it must be prepared fresh to minimize the risk of food poisoning. This version has fish, octopus, sea snails, crispy calamari, with callao port sauce, sweet potato and corn patacones.

6498961811_e83ede3a0d_b.jpg

63. This dish is a classic Peruvian favourite. "Lomo Saltado" or sauteed beef tenderloin has some Chinese influence. The beef is marinated in soy sauce and pepper, and stir fried with onion, aji Amarillo (native peppers), tomatoes and accompanied by french fries AND rice. Rice is a staple in Peru and they grow it there. There is actually quite a big Chinese community in Peru, about 100,000 Chinese immigrants arrived in Peru in the late 19th century to work there.

6498968519_6672a73f57_b.jpg

64. Crispy duck with rice, beans and green rice with peas.

6498981663_fba36cebcb_b.jpg

Nice album - always wanted to go to South America.

Do you mind posting your flight itinerary (airlines, route, and if not confidential the total cost)?

Robert

59. Flight on a flimsy Cessna over the Nazca lines. In this photo, you can also see the remarkable contrast between the green agricultural land on one side and desert plains on the other. Nazca

6325384039_118c25decd_b.jpg

60. The Nazca lines or geoglyphs were etched into the desert plains between 500BC and 500AD. It never rains here, which is why they have survived so many centuries. This one in the photo is known as "The Astronaut". Nazca

6325380017_3b49c8e250_b.jpg

61. The most well-known geoglyph of the lot, "The Hummingbird". It is believed that they were messengers between the worlds of men and condors (which are considered to be gods). Nazca

6325381629_18d2354c95_b.jpg

these are interesting.. never knew about this.. v educational ..

Thanks Robert. I PMed you some information about your question.

Nice album - always wanted to go to South America.

Do you mind posting your flight itinerary (airlines, route, and if not confidential the total cost)?

Robert

65. Devil fish in corn crust. With a "Peruvian jalea fritto misto of anchovies and panamito beans emulsion". It's like a tempura starter, Peruvian style.

6498988669_b2385fdd43_b.jpg

66. Seafood chupe (like a risotto) with crayfish, langoustine, scallops and squid.

6498995491_fc1204006d_b.jpg

Thanks Robert. I PMed you some information about your question.

Great Pictures!!!!

Care to share your itinerary to Machu Picchu. I'm going this coming May 2012.

Thanks

Great Pictures!!!!

Care to share your itinerary to Machu Picchu. I'm going this coming May 2012.

Thanks

Thanks HaruRi.

In Peru (Lima), I used a local travel agency to customize a trip for me based on what I wanted to see. I did this as I was traveling alone and I had to pack everything into 5 days. From Lima, my itinerary was:

Day 1 ---- Lima – Cusco
Morning arrival in Lima, and flight connection to Cusco. Arrival in Cusco, reception at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Afternoon City Tour, visiting the Cathedral, Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun) and drive up to Sacsayhuaman, finally visit the Cristo Blanco to have a overview of the City.

Day 2 Cusco – Machupicchu
Transfer from the hotel to the train station, departure to Machupicchu in the Vistadome train, arrival in Aguas Calientes train station, and meeting with the local guide and take the bus up to Machupicchu Citadel for the private guided visit. Overnight in Aguas Calientes.

Day 3 Machupicchu – Cusco
Morning second bus to Machupicchu and entrance fee to Machupicchu including Waynapicchu mountain. Second visit to Machupicchu. Afternoon Vistadome train back to Cusco and transfer from the train station to Cusco.

Day 4 Cusco – Lima – Paracas
Transfer from the hotel to the airport. Flight to Lima. Arrival in Lima, reception at the airport and transfer to Cruz del Sur bus Station, departure to Paracas in the first class bus. Arrival in Paracas, reception at the bus station and transfer to hotel.

Day 5 Paracas – Nazca – Lima
Morning Boat excursion to Islas Ballestas. Private drive to Nazca. Arrival in Nazca and flight over the Nazca lines. Afternoon transfer to Cruz del Sur Bus Station and departure to Lima. Arrival in Lima, reception at the bus station and transfer to hotel.

Day 6 Lima -----
Transfer to the airport.

My tour package in Peru cost about US$1400 excluding airfare between Lima and Cusco. The tour agency is called 'Andean Origins' and they are pretty good and reliable. You can google it and check out their website if you are keen.

Thanks!!!

I'm going to travel alone too

Thanks HaruRi.

In Peru (Lima), I used a local travel agency to customize a trip for me based on what I wanted to see. I did this as I was traveling alone and I had to pack everything into 5 days. From Lima, my itinerary was:

Day 1 ---- Lima – Cusco
Morning arrival in Lima, and flight connection to Cusco. Arrival in Cusco, reception at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Afternoon City Tour, visiting the Cathedral, Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun) and drive up to Sacsayhuaman, finally visit the Cristo Blanco to have a overview of the City.

Transfer from the hotel to the train station, departure to Machupicchu in the Vistadome train, arrival in Aguas Calientes train station, and meeting with the local guide and take the bus up to Machupicchu Citadel for the private guided visit. Overnight in Aguas Calientes.

Morning second bus to Machupicchu and entrance fee to Machupicchu including Waynapicchu mountain. Second visit to Machupicchu. Afternoon Vistadome train back to Cusco and transfer from the train station to Cusco.

Transfer from the hotel to the airport. Flight to Lima. Arrival in Lima, reception at the airport and transfer to Cruz del Sur bus Station, departure to Paracas in the first class bus. Arrival in Paracas, reception at the bus station and transfer to hotel.

Morning Boat excursion to Islas Ballestas. Private drive to Nazca. Arrival in Nazca and flight over the Nazca lines. Afternoon transfer to Cruz del Sur Bus Station and departure to Lima. Arrival in Lima, reception at the bus station and transfer to hotel.

Day 6 Lima -----
Transfer to the airport.

My tour package in Peru cost about US$1400 excluding airfare between Lima and Cusco. The tour agency is called 'Andean Origins' and they are pretty good and reliable. You can google it and check out their website if you are keen.

Thanks!!!

I'm going to travel alone too

Thanks HaruRi.

Day 1 ---- Lima – Cusco

Day 6 Lima -----
Transfer to the airport.