2294211798_38a59b8e0d_o.jpg

2293417599_0efb618b89_o.jpg

2293429775_2804832dde_o.jpg

Nice nice nice!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

May I know what lens u used?

why did you use the zoo logo?

Nice nice nice!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking at the pictures, i reckon it's one of e 70-200s. based on #4, #7 and #12, i guess it wld be a f2.8L (IS probably?) as e place in which these critters are found has low light and no flash photography is allowed. Furthermore, e bokeh is superb so it's likely to be an f2.8.. However, given my experience shooting in e zoo, such closeness is not possible to attain with 200mm even on a 1.6x crop factor body.. So my guess wld be a 1.4x TC included as well. Body-wise, given the control of noise, i wld say a 40D?

Just my guess. ;)

It's a 40D based on the exif info...

Focal length range from 210 - 280mm and almost all the shots are at f4. So which lens? I'm not sure...

Nice pics btw... love #8, it's almost as if he was facing the tree and counting down for the catching game.... :bsmilie:

why did you use the zoo logo?

all my photos comes with logo..to represent te various place/events..check tis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canto2007

I kinda like the seocnd pic the best here

Erm that logo is no longer in use since the zoo underwent re-branding.. the logo now looks like what you see in the top left corner of http://www.zoo.com.sg/

thxs a lot....wil take note of tat.

Looking at the pictures, i reckon it's one of e 70-200s. based on #4, #7 and #12, i guess it wld be a f2.8L (IS probably?) as e place in which these critters are found has low light and no flash photography is allowed. Furthermore, e bokeh is superb so it's likely to be an f2.8.. However, given my experience shooting in e zoo, such closeness is not possible to attain with 200mm even on a 1.6x crop factor body.. So my guess wld be a 1.4x TC included as well. Body-wise, given the control of noise, i wld say a 40D?

Just my guess.

It's a 40D based on the exif info...

Focal length range from 210 - 280mm and almost all the shots are at f4. So which lens? I'm not sure...

Nice pics btw... love #8, it's almost as if he was facing the tree and counting down for the catching game....

yes...i'm using 40D w EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM n EF 1.4X II Extender ..no flash at all

Nice series:thumbsup:

No.8:heart:

I kinda like the seocnd pic the best here :D

Erm that logo is no longer in use since the zoo underwent re-branding.. the logo now looks like what you see in the top left corner of http://www.zoo.com.sg/

Even if the logo is no longer in use, you should not just use it as per when you like as that is still a registered trademark registered by the organization itself be it whether if its in use or not. Even if you are not releasing those photo for sale, you should seek the proper channel to see if you can use their logo for your own usage or not.

Dear Gavin Ting, yes, that logo may seem very nicely done to you but to the organization that is defacement or vandalism of their property and this could lead you into a series of hot boiling lawsuits.

Even if the logo is no longer in use, you should not just use it as per when you like as that is still a registered trademark registered by the organization itself be it whether if its in use or not. Even if you are not releasing those photo for sale, you should seek the proper channel to see if you can use their logo for your own usage or not.

Dear Gavin Ting, yes, that logo may seem very nicely done to you but to the organization that is defacement or vandalism of their property and this could lead you into a series of hot boiling lawsuits.

opps...i didn't know tat it was so serious...:bigeyes:...jus curious...so r we allowed to tak photos of animal in te zoo/birdpark n models fr PC show showing te respective company products/logo etc. n post them in this forum without seeking their personal n company approval eg. Sony ? :think: hope all of us are not committing a serious offense.:sweat:

from what i know is that even if you take shot of animal in the zoo, you are not suppose to sell them but for hobby and sharing with friend and family, that should be ok. Think if you are selling the photo you may have to ask permission from them.

from what i know is that even if you take shot of animal in the zoo, you are not suppose to sell them but for hobby and sharing with friend and family, that should be ok. Think if you are selling the photo you may have to ask permission from them.

:think: me jus insert a logo only....n i'm not selling it:cry:. so are we allow to post photos of animal in te zoo/birdpark n models fr PC show/FHM event showing te respective company products, logo on uniform etc. in this forum without seeking their personal n company approval eg. Sony,FHM ? really hope all of us are not committing a serious offense.

the point is that yes, you just insert a logo only but before inserting that logo have you seek their permission? Do you have a consent from the organization that you are authorised to use their logo? Further more other than inserting the logo, you edited it without the organization's approval which is a big :nono: Imagine you are the photographer, and you have your own logo and you normally would put a logo on your work to identify it and if some other photographer or say someone else uses your logo on his picture or document, how would you feel?

the point is that yes, you just insert a logo only but before inserting that logo have you seek their permission? Do you have a consent from the organization that you are authorised to use their logo? Further more other than inserting the logo, you edited it without the organization's approval which is a big :nono: Imagine you are the photographer, and you have your own logo and you normally would put a logo on your work to identify it and if some other photographer or say someone else uses your logo on his picture or document, how would you feel?

ya...you got ur point of view :thumbsup: however my intention was to give credit to the singapore zoo coz the animal in te photo belong to the zoo, tis is y i put te actual zoo logo on the photo...instead of jus mine logo.In my opinion ..it look more courteous to show appreciation to the place tat i took the photo,instead of the photographer taking all the credit.

A good series of photos but I think you should remove the Zoo's logos unless you have permission to use them. In the case of the girls/models at the IT shows, etc. you are not using anybody's logo so that's OK. However if you publish any of the models' photos than you will need a model release. Yes, basically, you are in the wrong if you publish anyone's photo if you have not obtained their permission to do so. Sorry but that's how it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.