Laos Trip from Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichris

Sep 7, 2003
Hi guys, hoped to get some comments by the gurus here.

Cheers!
Chris

img_8210.jpg

img_8397.jpg

img_8725.jpg

img_8599a.jpg

hi chris,

#3 and #4 for me are absolutely beautiful. superb composition lighting and colour.

#1 might be more compelling if you had gotten closer for a more intimate portrait, as the background doesn't really enhance the portrait of the (shy?) girl.

#2 has got foreground interest in the (rock sculptures?) which contrast nicely with the mountains in the distance. however, the horizon that cuts the pic dead in the middle leaves me wondering if the rule of thirds could have been utilized here to give the photo more impact. the rock sculpture closest to the camera lacks sharpness, so a wider angle lens with more DOF could also be attempted.

cheers,
zaren.

Thanks guys! Will definitely heed your advice. But what is the rule of thirds, someone care to elaborate?

for 2, 3 and 4, is that vignetting?

You mean the darkening of the edges? No choice, I was using a step-down ring cos I brought along the wrong size of CP filter. Cannot go too wide if not will see the four corners. Kinda bad right?

i think it looks fine la.. the colors turn out ok mah.. :) so any foolproof method to prevent vignetting?

faa said:
i think it looks fine la.. the colors turn out ok mah.. :) so any foolproof method to prevent vignetting?

I'm also interested toknow how to prevent vignetting even if I were to use proper CP? Thanks!

I like no.4 because of the reflection.

As for vignetting, try shooting without filter if you are using 18mm.

Happy shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.