Landscape With Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

Nov 9, 2005
BoyAndTree228.jpg

thank goodness we still have some cartier bresson fans around.
your not singaporean are you?
its so obvious how your work stands out from the kind of disgusting work all around here.

Even though it might be true, I don't think "disgusting" is a very nice term to use.

politicalartist said:
its so obvious how your work stands out from the kind of disgusting work all around here.

Are you Singaporean?

politicalartist said:

oh gosh :dunno: :sweat:

this is :thumbsd: you :nono: say liddat. it's offending to all singaporeans here!

politicalartist said:

my goodness, we still have colonial-era dinosaurs like you around.

i hope you are not singaporean. are you?

it's so obvious how disgusting your words stand out all around here.

---------

tuna > flat tonal range and uninteresting composition.

politicalartist said:
Why hang around if you find it disgusting? Get the f*** away from here.

Stereobox said:
my goodness we still have colonial-era dinosaurs like you around.

wah, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: SECOND THAT! :bsmilie:

as for tuna, i like this picture.

politicalartist said:

:thumbsd: What a Joke.

Great photograph from the original poster. I love it.

chainsmoker said:
Show us some of your great works, so that we can truly be disgusted with ourselves.
And i really wanna be disgusted.

Just looked thru all his posts(not many), dun think he posted any. Strangely, he only give good comments on this guy, the rest is .... Also, he buy and sells alot, looked like another B&S enthusiast, rather than a shooter. Another one who talk the talk but dun walk the walk.:thumbsd:

Tuna, I like all your photos. Just went thru all your posts. Very nice! :thumbsup:

Stereobox said:
my goodness, we still have colonial-era dinosaurs like you around.

---------

tuna > flat tonal range and uninteresting composition.

i don't think he's singaporean. but you are right... he's a colonial-era dinosaur... looks like a racistaurus-rex...

it will be interesting to see some of hiswork. maybe we can learn a thing or two.

i dont understand why people get offended by the word disgusting?
i dont find the word offensive at all.
Maybe its because the people here who comment and critique are too kind.
you guys havent been exposed to people who go "pui!" "throw away" ,"like f**k", "small boy also can do better than you" kind of comments or even people who give marks like 2/100.
hahaha, personally,i think my works are disgusting too. that's why you wont find it here.
but i respect people like student, mattlock, pointblank. They really got their own point
of view and really really stand out.
I especially love it when student engages in some long debate with either one of the fashion photographers. so educational!!!
sorry, im Singaporean and im 19. still a small boy yeah.
If you really want to see my work, come let's all meet up and talk over a cup of tea? i shall show you if you are still interested.
well, if the word "disgusting" offends you all, then i apologise. but i havent even begun to mention names?
come on, you guys need to be more thick skinned la.
haha,im not caucasian la, come on all chill.

politicalartist said:
you guys havent been exposed to people who go "pui!" "throw away" ,"like f**k", "small boy also can do better than you" kind of comments or even people who give marks like 2/100.
hahaha, personally,i think my works are disgusting too. that's why you wont find it here.
but i respect people like student, mattlock, pointblank. They really got their own point
I especially love it when student engages in some long debate with either one of the fashion photographers. so educational!!!
If you really want to see my work, come let's all meet up and talk over a cup of tea? i shall show you if you are still interested.
well, if the word "disgusting" offends you all, then i apologise. but i havent even begun to mention names?

i believe the word 'respect' has a meaning. Respect others for you will be respected too.

I personally dont think age has any connection with maturnity. There are a lot of people here who are few years younger than you but can behave as their ages. Judging from your previous post, you might be 19 years old - but the way you post doesnt show that at all.

Constructive harsh comment is one thing - destructive insulting comment is another thing.

As in mention names - if there is a name that need to be mentioned it must be yours.

politicalartist said:

Here, practice constructive comments, insulting won't help anyone improve their work. Students, PBS always gave constructive comments be it harsh or mellow, not just insults.

politicalartist said:

the word "disgusting" is not offensive by itself, but the context it is used in. the way you used it here is certainly offensive..given the amount of negative response u received. think about it. you don't just come in to any forum and give comments like that. are you trying to be a attention-seeking hero, clubsnap renaissance messiah or something?

you want to get engaged in "long educational debates?" you have already started one here, but mainly geared towards educating you, a self-proclaimed 'small boy'.

there's a difference between thick-skinned, and thick-skulled.

think about it.

-----

sorry for the OT. start another thread and i'll see you there.

the thing is, that's how i am used to being treated.
that's why i got a thick-skin.
and i havent said that "dirty word" to anyone's work yet.:)
so i still don't understand why its immature or offensive.
sorry, that's just my view.
at least i didnt ask anyone to "f*** off"
at least my "dirty word" wasnt a personal attack like those that were directed at me.
at least i didnt judge anyone or call anyone names on such a superficial level by looking at the type of posts.
the fact that there is no one targeted already shows the fact that im showing respect.
if i am directing it personally at someone,i would give constructive criticisms too. But i do not believe in giving it out over the net.
its too impersonal, and sometimes you don't even know where to start if it's too horrible.
i believe there should be a slow chat and his whole body of work viewed rather than just bits and pieces.
and have i insulted anyone? have i even mentioned names? i still dont understand.why are you offended? i havent even commented on anyone's work.
sorry again if the word "disgusting" is offensive.

zz Nice pic !

Just ignore him No point. Another attention seeker.

stupidbear said:
zz Nice pic !

Just ignore him No point. Another attention seeker.

agree with stupidbear and stereobox, if you still wish to continue this issue please start another thread in kopitiam. We will certainly love to get back on you :)

However before you doing that, there is a a word called 'introspection' ;)

As stereobox said, I believe there is a difference between thick skinned and thick skulled. And one last note, having someone throwing sh*t on you doesnt means it any right to throw sh*t on another bunch of people. Common sense, common sense.

----

Tuna, when i look again on your picture, i think your shoot will have more impact if the border is black instead of grey. :)

the tuna is back!!! HCB worthy? no no..it's tuna worthy! cos HCB is not Tuna.
Tuna is Tuna, not HCB. A fan of HCB maybe, but not HCB.

and the politicalartist spoils his wonderful thread.

Speaking of HCB, I'm totally looking forward to Photography Month this year which will feature about 80 works of this great man.

Status
Not open for further replies.