Lame job market may get lamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
Saw this on Salon just now...

Lame job market may get lamer

If you liked the December jobs report -- 148,000 jobs expected, 1,000 actually created! -- you'll love a new estimated tally of planned job reductions by U.S. corporations. Announcements of planned layoffs surged 26 percent last month to 117,556, the highest since October, according to outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Outsourcing jobs overseas and increased merger and acquisition activity could boost job cuts this year even as the economy improves, the firm says.
Now, how come we always see different news on ST? :dunno:

oeyvind said:
Saw this on Salon just now...

Now, how come we always see different news on ST? :dunno:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

dun read too much of these news...the job market's not getting any better, as in, job seekers may not be able to land themselves in a job of their own liking...

so you like news to make singaporeans worry??? :dunno:

every country like to motivate their ppl rather than demoralise them.

from the looks of it, the market seem quite bad, & everyone seem to be holding back. same like last year, esp with the bird flu, everyone is taking extra precaution to save up for rainy days. can't blame them, cos last year's lesson is a hard 1.

Actually to tell you guys the other side of the story, I have been hiring staffs since Oct 2003 until now, I have hired some and still have openings. I am in electronics (hardware, not IT), nothing related to photography though.

Of course currently there are more people looking for jobs than jobs that are available. So I have the opportunity to choose candidates, and I am very patient in choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.