Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
3420716367_1e13f57295_o.jpg

Taken during a recent trip to New Zealand. ;p

i would exclude the tree in shadow, it distracts from the more interesting element, which is the house, which contrasts nicely with the mountains. maybe make this a normal format 3:2 and exclude the tree?

what a nice scene, btw

Remind me of the movie Lord of the Ring.

i would exclude the tree in shadow, it distracts from the more interesting element, which is the house, which contrasts nicely with the mountains. maybe make this a normal format 3:2 and exclude the tree?

what a nice scene, btw

Thanks...but i was thinking a shot of the house (church of good shepherd) against the mountains was pretty common, so wanted to try something else. ;)

3421613802_0b992c5e1a_o.jpg

My take on the Moeraki boulders, Oomaru. :)

Thanks...but i was thinking a shot of the house (church of good shepherd) against the mountains was pretty common, so wanted to try something else. ;)

Composition is nice, but what is that large semi-ball in the water ?

Hi phantasia, what was the date and time this was taken? What time was sunrise when you were there? I checked the met services and sun rise is at 5:50am?! thanks in advance

I agree with you. The tree also acts as a balance and provides a sense of depth to the scene. Just the church and moutains too cliche. Good job!

Last edited:

It'll be good if you could retain some of the details on the rock, either through tone mapping or by taking the photo when more light falls onto the rock :)

Hi phantasia, what was the date and time this was taken? What time was sunrise when you were there? I checked the met services and sun rise is at 5:50am?! thanks in advance

Hi emlee, its taken in March 09. The photo wasn't taken during sunrise. But sunrise is about 7+ when i was there. ;)

It'll be good if you could retain some of the details on the rock, either through tone mapping or by taking the photo when more light falls onto the rock :)

Yeah agreed! Should've tried to retain some texture on the boulder. :)

3425790213_540ca3c535_o.jpg

The photographer, Rotoroa at North Island

Last edited:
It is a very beautiful place. I was there in Spring 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.