KX vs K7

yup.. and counting the conversions and everything, i saved A LOT

btw, i'm heading for a trip and need to get a good, fast and reliable sdhc
probably a 16gb sandisk
peaceful, do u know where to get cheapest?

Erm.. you want to buy SDHC in JB or SG? If SG, go down Sim Lim Square 5th floor, Best Bargain to have a look.. I just bought one 8gb Sandisk Ultra at there..

Why not get 2 x 8GB Sandisk Ultra cards?

Yah loh.. take 2 X 8Gb a better option. Unless you want to shoot video with it.

yup.. and counting the conversions and everything, i saved A LOT

btw, i'm heading for a trip and need to get a good, fast and reliable sdhc
probably a 16gb sandisk
peaceful, do u know where to get cheapest?

Maybe you can try to go Danga City Mall . cos got a few dealer sell scandisk . But i bought my memory card at E-cude shop in danga city mall . Realiable !

please give me some advide whether but Kx in sg or Jb

RM 2299 with kit lens 18-55
RM 2588 with twin lens 18-55 and 55-200
RM 3088 with twin lens 18-55 and 55-300

packege come with 8GB memory card , bag , charger and 4 enaloop battert .

So how about SG ?

For Kx w/ DAL1855 kit lens set, it's about $780 to $790sgd
For Kx w/ DAL1855+DAL50200, around 9xx
For Kx w/ DAL1855+DAL55300, around 11xx.

Warranty is all for one year, but you can buy extended warranty when you register the camera/lens at emjay's website.

So how about SG ?

Do you actually read the replies posted here earlier in response to the SAME question you asked? :what:

the shops in SG are not offering any freebies. eneloop batteries, charger, SD card and bag all sold separately.

based on the prices you listed, its all abt SGD$200+ more. I personally don't see the value. u sure 8gb SD card + eneloop battery and charger + bag is going to cost SGD$200 +?

i would seriously think twice especially about the "free" bag... better to buy a nicer one separately. might cost more, but at least u're paying for what you want.

Do you actually read the replies posted here earlier in response to the SAME question you asked? :what:

the shops in SG are not offering any freebies. eneloop batteries, charger, SD card and bag all sold separately.

based on the prices you listed, its all abt SGD$200+ more. I personally don't see the value. u sure 8gb SD card + eneloop battery and charger + bag is going to cost SGD$200 +?

i would seriously think twice especially about the "free" bag... better to buy a nicer one separately. might cost more, but at least u're paying for what you want.

it's sure . cos my friend just bought . then which len better ?

it's sure . cos my friend just bought . then which len better ?

there is no such thing as "len". there is only "lens" or "lenses".

all 3 DAL lenses are very good quality lenses. which package you get depends on your budget and your style of photography.

18-55: good for normal walk-about, wide-angle, shooting people, etc.

50-200: very versatile. can shoot people, can shoot things that is slightly further away.

55-300: goes further than the 50-200 but heavier. good for a trip to the zoo.

all 3 are sharp and very capable.

u can get the 50-200 or 55-300 and experiment, or you can just get the 18-55 and save for other more high-end zoom or prime lenses.

its your choice. no one can decide for you.

go for the most exp one which you can pay for is the best...
reason? lets read other thread and look for the answer...

Erm.. you want to buy SDHC in JB or SG? If SG, go down Sim Lim Square 5th floor, Best Bargain to have a look.. I just bought one 8gb Sandisk Ultra at there..

Yah loh.. take 2 X 8Gb a better option. Unless you want to shoot video with it.

the sandisk ultra is the 30mb/s type right?
how much did it cost u?

Maybe you can try to go Danga City Mall . cos got a few dealer sell scandisk . But i bought my memory card at E-cude shop in danga city mall . Realiable !

do they have the high speed sandisk or at least transcend class10?

So how about SG ?

kit 1 SGD782
Kit 2 SGD899
Kit 3 SGD1103

i got my kit3 from slrr with 8gb slow card and screen protector as there was promo, and ray was kind enough to keep the promo for me even though i collected pretty late.

in the end, i came home with kit 3, a 58mm hoya HMC uvc filter, eneloop quick charger+4 batts, a vanguard up-rise 28 bag and then 2 items as free gift(screen protector and card)
total is SGD1285 which is around rm3000

and dont forget that u cant get colored twin lens kit in malaysia coz they only have black.

Last edited:
btw peaceful, get the 55-300, it's overall a better lens than 50-200, except for it's size and weight.
try it and if u dont want it u can sell it pretty easily since demand is higher than 50-200

how much did it cost u?

do they have the high speed sandisk or at least transcend class10?

kit 1 SGD782
Kit 2 SGD899
Kit 3 SGD1103

i got my kit3 from slrr with 8gb slow card and screen protector as there was promo, and ray was kind enough to keep the promo for me even though i collected pretty late.

in the end, i came home with kit 3, a 58mm hoya HMC uvc filter, eneloop quick charger+4 batts, a vanguard up-rise 28 bag and then 2 items as free gift(screen protector and card)
total is SGD1285 which is around rm3000

and dont forget that u can get colored twin lens kit in malaysia coz they only have black.

Ray is really a good guy. He is the number 1 person I look for whenever I visit SLRR

how much did it cost u?

No lah.. Ultra is only 15mb/s.. It's only a Class 4 card. The 15mb is the transfer speed or reading speed.
The one which is the 30mb/s is the Extreme card. Think is class 6 or 10 for the write speed. Can't remember which.
I find the Ultra fast enough for photo takings and also short videos.

i wanna get the sandisk extreme with 30mb/s but it's a bit too pricey,
and transcend is a way better choice as it offeres approx 20mb/s at a fraction of the sandisk's price

i wanna get the sandisk extreme with 30mb/s but it's a bit too pricey,
and transcend is a way better choice as it offeres approx 20mb/s at a fraction of the sandisk's price

Transcend isn't as good or reliable as Sandisk. I bought a few some time back and the rated speed was nowhere near as advertised. Waste of money imo.

i know, in fact, sandisk shouldnt even follow the typical rating of "Class"
since theirs perform much faster.

in fact, Class10 is rated at 10MB/s and test shows transcend to be running at 19MB/s
not sure how true it'll be when i get a true market sample instead of test samples

class 10 mean at least can hit 10MB/s in writing speed... it didn't cap the speed at 10MB/s...

that why a sandisk extreme class 10 is "UP TO 30MBps"...

Last edited:
kit 1 SGD782
Kit 2 SGD899
Kit 3 SGD1103

Hi
I'm curious as to what the current street prices for the Kx these days?
Judging from Gengh's list, its very close to the Malaysian prices. I would rather get it locally and have fuss free warranty plus we support Emjay too so that they can afford to continue to expand for the pentax base here. :)

haha, i'm a malaysian, but i bought from sg.. lol

Hi
I'm curious as to what the current street prices for the Kx these days?
Judging from Gengh's list, its very close to the Malaysian prices. I would rather get it locally and have fuss free warranty plus we support Emjay too so that they can afford to continue to expand for the pentax base here. :)

Richard, why don't you just get a special one that we don't have in Singapore?

Metal Brown and Black Grip?
http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/index.html#/simulator/200101

Be Interesting!

Otherwise, the blacks, whites, reds, or blues just get 2nd hand from BnS.

If you are getting from JapanExposures.com, let me know.

Last edited:
Richard, why don't you just get a special one that we don't have in Singapore?

Metal Brown and Black Grip?
http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/index.html#/simulator/200101

Be Interesting!

Otherwise, the blacks, whites, reds, or blues just get 2nd hand from BnS.

If you are getting from JapanExposures.com, let me know.

haha welcome back bro!
I was trying to explain that with the prices so close to local ones, why would anyone want to spent time hunting for the Kx overseas? But if I have a chance to go to Japan, I will definitely try to make the best of it by checking out the special Pentax stuff but sigh...
In anycase, the kx is so much in demand that even in the buysell section, its becoming hard to find one. ;)