kx or k7

OO you have a k10.. then u are able to give ur thoughts more to "dielah" on AF speed and accuracy any difference?

Ha, I actually had a chat with him last evening and had offered my two cents. ;) Maybe other guys can share their opinions too. :D

Ha, I actually had a chat with him last evening and had offered my two cents. ;) Maybe other guys can share their opinions too. :D

ooo Cool :thumbsup:

AF speed can vary as there are alot of factors that can change how fast the cam can af lock.

The lens also plays apart .

But pentax is known to be lagging behind competitors in af.
If im not wrong canon w/L lenses focus the fastest... it just turns and stop, unlike my lens , turn,turn,turn then stop...:sweat:

AF speed can vary as there are alot of factors that can change how fast the cam can af lock.

The lens also plays apart .

But pentax is known to be lagging behind competitors in af.
If im not wrong canon w/L lenses focus the fastest... it just turns and stop, unlike my lens , turn,turn,turn then stop...:sweat:

Mine better, turn turn turn turn stop then turn turn stop unable to focus. :bsmilie: but that happens once a while lah :sweatsm:

Actually, dun tink need to ot and compare to c & n la, let's just ask our bros who have both bodies? Cos it's after all a "kx or k7" thread ma.

Or did anyone chance upon such comparison on the net and care to share?

Actually, dun tink need to ot and compare to c & n la, let's just ask our bros who have both bodies? Cos it's after all a "kx or k7" thread ma.

Or did anyone chance upon such comparison on the net and care to share?
Ok ok.. Sorry to OT... ;p

Actually i think someone here own both the kx and k-7, felixcat8888 , his signature says it all .. :bsmilie:
Between k-7 and k-x, (using once or twice), i don't feel any difference between them leh... maybe never really test the difference between both.

Ok ok.. Sorry to OT... ;p

Actually i think someone here own both the kx and k-7, felixcat8888 , his signature says it all .. :bsmilie:
Between k-7 and k-x, (using once or twice), i don't feel any difference between them leh... maybe never really test the difference between both.

I have not put the K-x to a full test as yet. I have been using more of the K7 as I do shoot for the school and I use it with my DA*16-50mm.

I want me to do a comparison must wait until 24/25th May as I will be at Suntec taking pictures of my school dance team at the Singapore Youth Conference opening ceremony . . .

Mine better, turn turn turn turn stop then turn turn stop unable to focus. :bsmilie: but that happens once a while lah :sweatsm:

Sometimes with SDM failure, it won't even turn! :bsmilie:

Yummy...

so much info there & a few field tests there regarding AF comparisions... :thumbsup:

kinda forgot about checking pentax forums...

Now we just have to wait for one of our own - Bro felixcat8888 - to start the ball rolling

cant wait ;p

Recently came upon this thread, it's about the autofocusing of K20, K-7 and K-X.
More information to look at for the time being. ;p
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...01476-best-low-light-autofocus-k20-k7-kx.html

Hi,

I have been reading up on getting my 1st DSLR and seems 80% sure its going to be the Kx, with its reputed excellent image quality and small portable size. The use of AA batts helps too.

The other choice is a Nikon D90 for its colour, but as I am just a casual shooter, may end up not using alot of its functions... out of budget too..

I am thinking of getting the Pentax body onli with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 as my onli lens. As the tamron has 2 versions, with and w/o VC, what do you guys recommend? Does Kx have built in stabilization negating the need for a VC lens?

Also, I have not seen on the price guide any info on the availability of something equivalent (in price) to Canon's 50mm F1.8 for pentax. Do you know of anything?

Thanks, hope to hear your advice :)

Hi Welcome to clubsnap!

I am thinking of getting the Pentax body onli with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 as my onli lens. As the tamron has 2 versions, with and w/o VC, what do you guys recommend? Does Kx have built in stabilization negating the need for a VC lens?

Pentax in built body stabliser negate the use of a VC lens. I remember one thread saying that if you use both lens and body stabliser together it will cancel out each other. So you can save some $$$ from there :)

Also, I have not seen on the price guide any info on the availability of something equivalent (in price) to Canon's 50mm F1.8 for pentax. Do you know of anything?

So far there is no equivalent of any 50mm AF lens as compare to the cheap Canon version. The closest AF one is the FA50 f1.4 which cost about $500+ now...... However, if you don't mind manual focus, you can get a fast f1.7 M or A series 2nd hand primes which is priced $100+ or so at the moment.

Talk...ask...think....ask.....think.....and at last changed my mind and got the K7 with the 2 WR kit lens. The price of course is different. But, my friend and the sales person share the same ideas........it is good to have a good camera body...(of course it must be within my budget).

Now will spend time playing and exploring my new K7.....If got questions, i will know where to seek help.........ClubSNAP. I will join you guys for outings (if timing is correct) and learn from you guys...

rmb to start a tread and post ur photos taken with ur 2 WR kit lens :)

Hi,

I have been reading up on getting my 1st DSLR and seems 80% sure its going to be the Kx, with its reputed excellent image quality and small portable size. The use of AA batts helps too.

The other choice is a Nikon D90 for its colour, but as I am just a casual shooter, may end up not using alot of its functions... out of budget too..

Thanks, hope to hear your advice :)

The VC model of the tamron 17-50mm f2.8 dosen't come in pentax mount :sweat: