[kuantoh] On Board Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 26-05-2012

kuantoh

Feb 7, 2007
Pasir Ris / Tampines
First ever cruise journey. Always thought cruise was going to be boring. Recommended by relatives to try out Royal Caribbean and so together with another couple, we tried out the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas. First ever sail to Singapore, I was amazed by how grand the interior was. But then again, being an active hiker and backpacker in the past, I felt bored by the lack of land activities after the 2nd day. But food was amazingly fantastic, especially the fine dining. The beef was super delicious.

Sharing the journey throughout the 4D3N cruise from 26th May 2012. For those who intend to sail on board this cruiser, probably January will be the next timeslot available.

#1 - The Marina Bay Cruise Center

7327326952_440fde5892_b.jpg

#2 - Some interesting ceiling design in the Marina Bay Cruise Center

7327329184_c6729166c5_b.jpg

Last edited:

#3 - When you have Princess Fiona and Puss in Boots together, it's quite a strange combination.

7327333386_0dcc42ca54_b.jpg

#5 - We stayed in the Promenade room, with windows looking out at the shopping alleys. Cabin were not huge. But comfortable enough.

7327345194_59ecbaa600_b.jpg

#10 - Pig and Whistle Bar. Nice place to have a drink and chit chat while doing people watching along the shopping alley.

7327374634_126a4f2643_b.jpg

Last edited:
Lokks like fun. No crowd at all?

We 2 kiasu couples were the first 100 to make it to the cruise center and some of the few to check in on board so it was pretty empty at 1400 hours. The crowd started to board soon after that and thereafter, it was people mountain people sea... Lol...

yeah the cruise looks empty...

how much is the damage? i never take cruise before should try someday haha

It was my virgin experience too. Just my personal opinion: if u like slacking and doing nothing except eat sleep swim relax suntan and gamble, cruise is a good place to getaway. For me, probably with all the walking and roaming the past years, I just feel that cruise is a bit restrictive or rather confined. Nevertheless, we still have a good time.

The package was $679 per pax for 4D3N. Full board, so everywhere on board dining is free except for specialty dining. Free flow lemonade and fine dining etc. Pay a small amt for alchoholic drinks, and they do have daily drink of the day such as margarita etc. The shows were quite good and food was fantastic. Since I never tried Star Cruise or other cruises, it was overall still a great experience for me. But I reckon I will stay away from cruising for the next few years. Lol...

#13 - The conference center. One can actually reserve conference rooms for private meetings or discussions here.

7168609477_d028baee4b_b.jpg

It was my virgin experience too. Just my personal opinion: if u like slacking and doing nothing except eat sleep swim relax suntan and gamble, cruise is a good place to getaway. For me, probably with all the walking and roaming the past years, I just feel that cruise is a bit restrictive or rather confined. Nevertheless, we still have a good time.

The package was $679 per pax for 4D3N. Full board, so everywhere on board dining is free except for specialty dining. Free flow lemonade and fine dining etc. Pay a small amt for alchoholic drinks, and they do have daily drink of the day such as margarita etc. The shows were quite good and food was fantastic. Since I never tried Star Cruise or other cruises, it was overall still a great experience for me. But I reckon I will stay away from cruising for the next few years. Lol...

hmm ok, maybe i should just try once haha. Thanks for the info!

#14 - The unforgettable prime cut. Never tasted a beef that really so tender and almost melts in the mouth.

set-72157630026913948

#15 - Ice Odyssey. A spectacular performance on the ice. Thumbsup for the performers.

7168610965_7e5df810c7.jpg
7168611125_1053846f74.jpg