Konica-Minolta sold to SONY!--big news!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishking said:
like memory stick story, sony will anounce they still use KM mount, but must use sony made new KM lens or new sony-zeiss lens. old lens can not lah,,,, something else. sony only want to make money in the market.--so many testimony there.

Sony make new proprietary items for their own use when they list out some new technology.

But with a long history mount and so many presently available customer, wht they want to do that and lost all the existing business? That will not make sense.

Since Sony will likely to own the KM "A" mount, and without other competitors claiming that mount. It's silly to suggest they start over a new mount again.

Unless the technology or market have a drastic shift, I won't see why they will change the mount.

Hiee Guys....

Come on....we are photographers.....we use cameras.....the brand should not be that a great deal.....

I'm sure those already have cameras here are using already great cameras....so don't worry too much lah....... go out and shoot...

not really interested in the camera but OMG.......no more konica film...

Eyesthruthelens said:
I'm not surprise if older lens not compatible with new DSLR from Sony.. They always think their technology or products are better and can command a higher price :angry:

WAH !! then that would be a really SAD thing !! :bheart:

sulhan said:
Hiee Guys....

Come on....we are photographers.....we use cameras.....the brand should not be that a great deal.....

I'm sure those already have cameras here are using already great cameras....so don't worry too much lah....... go out and shoot...
exactly...

look to the future, just like SonyEricsson. :angel:
oh, I was an Ericsson user since the beginning.

From this thread,
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=173636&page=2
Fishking said:
both sony and KM QC are bad, from CCD, AS and 5D's back focus problems...

if there is no good body to use, lens is meanless...

the classic period of minolta really finished.

film cam and lens will devalue soon, B&S play this story every day...
from F5, F100, EOS3, A7 to caon 1V....price drop down fast...
I am not sure why your post are hostile toward KM.

But I am not sure where you heard that "AS" being bad or 5D got back focus problem, but please do your proper information reading before posting. Thank you very much.

Drudkh said:
exactly...

look to the future, just like SonyEricsson. :angel:
oh, I was an Ericsson user since the beginning.

I was Ericsson user as well.. phone with good features and cost..
Now SE.. initially when they released T610, it was well priced with solid features.. because the leader then was Nokia & Moto..
Now SE phones are expensive!!

I hope the same thing will not happen to the DSLR.. no more another Canon.. :eek:

now it late ...tmr will call up the svc centre to check do they have any good lenses to clear

I think this is good news. With Sony's innovation and marketing skills it will only grow. Furthermore our current cams will be collector's item haha.

The only things being the future DSLR pricing, hope it will still be matching the competitors price.

sulhan said:
Wow...

What a great merger in key competency technologies...

- Lens - KM
How lenses are KM still actually making these days and aren't the new KM kit lenses (17-35 and 28-75) at the moment made by Tamron ???

shinken said:
Plus Sony already has an established relationship with Carl Zeiss, which produces the lens for their compact digicams. I won't be surprise if CZ offers lens for the new Sony mount at all.
I thought with Sony they paid CZ just to use the name and T coating or are they made by Cosina

shinken said:
I won't be surprise if CZ offers lens for the new Sony mount at all.
Can't really see CZ making AF lenses just for Sony but then again I could be wrong since they now make lenses for Nikon ....

james m said:
How lenses are KM still actually making these days and aren't the new KM kit lenses (17-35 and 28-75) at the moment made by Tamron ???

I thought with Sony they paid CZ just to use the name and T coating or are they made by Cosina

Can't really see CZ making AF lenses just for Sony but then again I could be wrong since they now make lenses for Nikon ....
Made by Tamron under KM license - there are obviouos feature differences...circular aperture is obviously one of them...

:angel:

Sad to see you guys been so royal to this KM brand, (don't say No, I know you guys)

and force to go your separate ways, :(

Well, seems like having one is making some comments... let me join in the fun.

First of all, I feel that Sony has always introduced products with the most fanciful features built in the tiniest and prettiest bodies... however, often such devices does not last long because durability sometimes decrease with complexity. I have long lost faith in Sony since I bought 3 CD-Players (1 Hi-fi set, 2 discmans) that failed immediately after the warranty period.. maybe I am unlucky, or their laser-optical technology sucks (each of the 3 times the cd laser lens failed). On the other, my philips-cheapo-feature-less cd player lasted at least 10 times more...

This I attribute to a big corporation being more interested in making the most amt of $$$ and forget that pple may use products beyond warranty periods.

Well, I don't hate Sony, but I just hope they do not bring KM products down the same line. I wouldn't want to buy a 3K camera and have it repaired on the 366th day.

sulhan said:
Made by Tamron under KM license

Wonder if Sony will do the same and source from Tamron or Sigma since they already make lenses for the Minolta mount ....

zcf said:
I think they will still sell the CCD, they still need the volume, the bigger the volume the lower the price of CCD/CMOS. It's just a matter of how much will they charge other competitors.

no I don't think it works so simple. If sony is indeed in the DSLR market, they will keep the BEST sensors for themselves. If I am nikon, I will be REALLY trying hard to source for other sensor. It just does not make sense to buy sensor from your competitor. Will nikon buy sensor from Canon????

Status
Not open for further replies.