Know of Any Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

photonick2004

Aug 7, 2004
East
photonick2004.multiply.com
Does anyone know of any studio that has tungsten lighting for rental by hour?
Should you know, please share the information.

I would like to try shooting tungsten for once. :bigeyes:

Cheers!

photonick2004 said:
Does anyone know of any studio that has tungsten lighting for rental by hour?
Should you know, please share the information.

I would like to try shooting tungsten for once. :bigeyes:

Cheers!

Just go to any Studio, turn on the model lights of the lighting then you have tungsten lighting already :D

Yah... Try X-Sync Studioworks also can... they have all kinds of lighting...

Call Eugene at 98157987....

studio strobes's modeling lights are not bright enough for most practical shooting situations. a better choice would be renting proper tungsten lightings from film production equipment rentals like FEG (the Film Equipment Gallery) or Cameraquip

one thing about tungten lightings though....they can get very hot very fast, and if you are not working in a ventilated area, the atmosphere can get very warm and uncomfortable. just ask anyone who has worked on a film production!

also, they are relatively harder to control than strobes....you have to deal with hot barn doors, color gels, diffusers etc. To get higher light output, you have to get bigger lights = hotter. also, you have to keep in mind not to blow the circuit breakers by sharing too many lights on 1 socket.

if you are shooting on a budget ... a good alternative will be to rent some for free via a student in a local polytechnic offering film production courses ;p

Thanks BBQ,

The X-Sync studio was not only affordable and flexible, but most importantly cheap. I'll be going down for a look before I comment on how good it is. :think:

However, Eugene told me he doesn't have any tungsten lights. Seems like the pros who shoot tungsten do not rent their studios out at all in case pp like us spoil their lights. :sweat:

Still, should anyone chance upon tungsten lights, do give me a call. I'll give you my HP no. if you email me. Cheers! :p

i have a fren who owns a rental conpany for video and film productions. maybe i can help. but what wattage you need and how many lites you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.