kinda ridiculous super zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II
LD ASPHERICAL (IF) MACRO

28.8-320mm on a 1.6 crop factor DSLR.

Zplus said:
Yes... very useful range. Wonder how's the image quality.... ;)

haha...what would one expectations on such a all-in-one type of lens......i think in some circumstances......image quality (usually subjective - depens on individuals critieria) would be less significant if the shot powerful compositon goes well beyond the nitty gritty image quality....+ convenience!!!!! :bsmilie:

rgds,
sh

Zplus said:
Yes... very useful range. Wonder how's the image quality.... ;)

might be quite ok. Tamron has done pretty well with the XR incarnations of the super zooms. also, the accurate focussing of the 20D would help :)

aint ridiculous, but its a welcome addition to the tamron range...very good :)
whats more interesting is the 11-18 zoom they're coming up with too. hope its a cheap alternative to the sigma or nikon 12-24s.

sulhan said:
haha...what would one expectations on such a all-in-one type of lens......i think in some circumstances......image quality (usually subjective - depens on individuals critieria) would be less significant if the shot powerful compositon goes well beyond the nitty gritty image quality....+ convenience!!!!! :bsmilie:

rgds,
sh

Hi sh! Its been a while since we met!

Actually, there are some super zooms with good quality output (eg Sigma 50-500). Its just that most superzooms do not do a good job in terms of resolution or sharpness. Which is why I am wondering about this new Tamron. They seem to be improving heaps... as what mpenza has said.... :D

But yeah... above all, composition matters most.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.