Kill while using her handpone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it has no reference to the thread other than myths and bullsh1t.

Gullible people are everywhere and will believe everything they hear ....

I imagine you have some form of Lotto there ?

Well, here we have one. Get 6 numbers and 2 suppimentary numbers and you win big time.

Wooo Wooo.

I believe it started off with 40 numbers to choose from (correct me if I am wrong) .....

Some time later they added 3 more numbers, making it 43 numbers ....

Can you believe they promoted it as giving you 3 more chances to win :bsmilie:

Can you also believe that people actually believed it.

Greed ruled out intelligence and the lotto knew it.

Sorry for the OT.

:)

there is not one proven case in the world that a handphone would have caused an explosion or fire at a petrol kiosk....

That is what I am talking about. Even some customer use handphones while at the station, outdoors, but nothing happened!:dunno:

Just don't tempt it by flying a kite in a storm :bsmilie:

I read in Science Library that a scientist did it in year 1752, Benjamin Franklin slipped a key over a kite string and risked electrocution to prove that lighting was electricity.

His research into the nature of electricity helped pave the way for its practical use, resulted in the lighting rod caused a French statesman to say:" He snatched the lighting from the skies."

hoaah..i can't read the news. any english version? :bigeyes:

That reporter should go back to sec one to read his/her text.

Lightning strikes the highest point of a place in which it lands. Our cellular unit should have very little to do with lightning risk.

Golfers stand a much higher risk of being struck since they are out in the field where the nearest tree might be far away. Many golfers died as a result since, during a tee off, the end point of the metal golf club remains the highest point for the lightning to earth. One mistake of some golfers is to hide below a tall tree during a thunderstorm. Worse still, they lean against the tree to take a break!

Our local NEA website states that "Singapore has one of the highest rate of lightning activity in the world." http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=1203

Cheers

Those who work in refineries and some factories would already know that they can't bring their handphone to work. It's because handphone generate static electricity and may cause fires and even explosions (even at gas pumps). Lightning are a result of static electricity building up in the atmosphere so I think there is a relation. Of course, the chances of golfers getting hit is high, but it would be higher if they hold a metal rod or make a phone call.

I ever saw an Discovery (or was it Nat Geo) documentary about lightning. It doesn't matter whether it's a wooden rod or metal rod. They are both equally as likely to be struck by lighting.

As to refineries that ban HPs. they are just playing it safe, because in the yesteryear of analog mobile technology, the modulation and transmission techniques weren't as efficient and were really transmitting a lot of energy to the base station. This practice was brought over and applied to the more mordern digital sets.

Based on the following statement from the expert's advice

根据专家指出,虽然这些案例很少,但为安全起见,公众受促别在下雷雨时,在户外使用手机。

For your own safety, against using your handphone outdoor
Want to do, do it properly. Dun do a half-skewered translation to fuel more doubts.

"According to experts, although such cases are rare, but for your own safety, the public is advised against using your mobile phone outdoors WHEN ITS RAINING."

i only remember my signal encik telling us sotongs not to use the HF sets during a thunderstorm... first time i've heard of people getting killed using hp in a lightning... :think:
hehehe.... ;)

Want to do, do it properly. Dun do a half-skewered translation to fuel more doubts.

"According to experts, although such cases are rare, but for your own safety, the public is advised against using your mobile phone outdoors WHEN ITS RAINING."
classic example of lost in translation.. :bsmilie:

Please show some respect for the deceased. Your remark is distasteful.

It doesn't matter whether it's a wooden rod or metal rod. They are both equally as likely to be struck by lighting.

It doesn't matter it they wood or metal are equally wet, because water conducts very well. As for dry wood or metal ... metal should be the likely one.

Thank you for 100% perfect translation
But not what I was trying to do (translation)
As I stated in the begining, "We better stop using it out there whether be it rain or sunshine" Lighting strike you not only during rainy day.....

what is the hp brand ?

It doesn't matter it they wood or metal are equally wet, because water conducts very well. As for dry wood or metal ... metal should be the likely one.

Electricity takes the path of least (electrical) resistance. It does not matter if the rod is wet or dry. If it offers less resistance than the direct air to ground path, and is part of the path of least resistance from sky to ground, the probability of being struck is the same - 100%. It also does not matter if you're in rubber boots that have a higher electrical resistance than air, bcoz the lightning will take the path through the human body, arc out of the boots through the air and into the ground. I.e., still die.

If your body is part of the path of least resistance from sky to ground, you WILL be struck, whether you are carrying handphone, signal set, umbrella, dry wooden rod, golf club, in any boots or barefoot.

poor victim...

in 'my' scientific point of view, this disaster may not be related to using HP, since the risk of lighting strike is there out on a stormy day..

poor victim...

in 'my' scientific point of view, this disaster may not be related to using HP, since the risk of lighting strike is there out on a stormy day..

to create news, ppl removes the probability and add in a variable that is never constant, hence this hoohaa...

Status
Not open for further replies.