Kenlock MC f=28-200 Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Hi I just brought my old Tokina lens for servicing at Camera Hospital. Guy at the shop told me it's beyond hope. Fungus overgrowth...........Anyway he suggested I take the Kenlock MC lens @$160. He said at this price it's a steal. Now I'm wondering is i worth it at all? Any comments on this lens? I'm a total newbie. Thanks

Golgotha said:
Hi I just brought my old Tokina lens for servicing at Camera Hospital. Guy at the shop told me it's beyond hope. Fungus overgrowth...........Anyway he suggested I take the Kenlock MC lens @$160. He said at this price it's a steal. Now I'm wondering is i worth it at all? Any comments on this lens? I'm a total newbie. Thanks

never heard of kenlock mc lens. u'll be better off with a tokina, methinks.

Golgotha said:

If I were you, I would not have waste my money on this kind of crap lenses.

Never heard of Kenlock before. Maybe he has had it for years and then saw you come in and the rest is history. But then again it's only $160. However you would be better off with the Canon 75-300 III.

I'm a total newbie and knows nuts about cameras or watsoever accessories. So when he was really nice and I saw lots of returning customers seeking his advice and so on, I thought this guy is genuine. And u know what? I just found some fungus in the "new" lens! What the hell?!!!!! :dunno:

If I were you go back to him and show that fungus and ask for a refund or a new lens (different one).

Golgotha said:
So I have just been conned? :cry: And I thought he was nice.

Hi Golgotha,

I don't think you were conned - not at $160 - maybe if he qouted you $300...
anyway since you already have it try it out - it should be ok once stopped down to f8 - f11

Kenlock is a major supplier for lenses, lens attachments, filters, tripods etc., they are listed on the medfmt.8k site

BTW - Welcome to CS!

cheers

I was really interested in picking up photography. hence picked up a cam left lying around by my dad.Found out that it's not really usuable hence decided to go fix it s i can pick up photography. Haven't even shoot a single pic yet and like this liao. Little did I know that my first experience with the photgraphy world turned out like this. No doubt it's only $160 but still kinda disappointed. :(

Golgotha said:
I'm a total newbie and knows nuts about cameras or watsoever accessories. So when he was really nice and I saw lots of returning customers seeking his advice and so on, I thought this guy is genuine. And u know what? I just found some fungus in the "new" lens! What the hell?!!!!! :dunno:

Ooops, posted before I saw this one - better go back and get an exchange or refund - you can check prices on lenses in consumers corner

Ektar25 said:
Hi Golgotha,

I don't think you were conned - not at $160 - maybe if he qouted you $300...
anyway since you already have it try it out - it should be ok once stopped down to f8 - f11

Kenlock is a major supplier for lenses, lens attachments, filters, tripods etc., they are listed on the medfmt.8k site

BTW - Welcome to CS!

cheers

Thanks Ektar25 for the welcome. And JBMA i would go down tomorrow to show him the fungus. cos I left my Cosina lens with him . I only know the brand name and nothing else.............hahaha. Anyway I have just signed up for basic photography course in PSS. Hopefully I acn be as good as some of the guys here. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.